PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Truck PCM Calibration to Camaro PCM Cali.

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2017, 11:25 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Truck PCM Calibration to Camaro PCM Cali.

I need some guidance, right now I am currently using a 2001 truck PCM & harness with its factory calibration on my project; the downside is that I have no a/c fan controls when I enable the a/c compressor.

While I do have fan controls for Engine Temp, having controls for the A/C is just as important for me.

Doing research, it's been said to use the Camaro/F-Body calibration if I want the fans to enable/disable when the A/C is working.

That being said, I am using HPTuners for my tuning, is it just as simple as going to System-> General -> Platform Type, and changing 'GMT800' to 'F-Body'?

Or do I need to find a stock tune from the HPT repository and use it?
Old 08-10-2017, 11:26 AM
TECH Addict

Received 114 Likes on 91 Posts

I don't think it is that easy. If you get a 2002 silverado tune it will have the fan option.
Old 08-10-2017, 11:35 AM
Restricted User

Received 107 Likes on 89 Posts

A buddy of mine just went through this. Had to use the F body operating system. Even if the options are enabled in the tune on the truck OS, it will still not kick the fans on with the AC.

Easiest thing to do is add a relay. T into the AC clutch 12v and T into the PCM wire that ground the fan relay which you want to run.

Have the 12v AC signal activate the relay that grounds the fan. Will take you 10 minutes.

Quick Reply: Truck PCM Calibration to Camaro PCM Cali.