Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Aftermarket Gauge install help

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2017, 02:11 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aftermarket Gauge install help

hello, I got a set of aftermarket gauges from glowshift with a Apiller.
I'm trying to find out where do I get the cables through the firewall safely? or where to drill through I can see a few places to drill but I'm trying to find out what you've all done and how it worked out in the end?
I have long tube headers so I'm not trying to fry my wire. I have Oil pressure (above the filter), water temp (rear of passenger side head) and a Wideband sensor (plan on going in the driver side).
Old 08-13-2017, 02:36 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

When i did mine, i know if you can get under your dash, on the drivers side, all the way up by the wind sheild. There is a metal plate that is shaped like a kidney. About 8 inches x 3 inches. Its glued down. If u pop that up, it comes out behind the brake booster. This was in a z28. Dont know if yours is different. I drilled a whole in the plate and ran them through there. I think there is another plate like that on the passenger side in the same spot. Hope this helps.
Old 08-13-2017, 02:37 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Actually, i think it comes out in the cowl area. Its been awhile.
Old 08-13-2017, 04:12 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

so I just ran out there to take alook. and all I see is plastic. and a silver looking box similar to what the PCM looks like but I cant find anything like that.
I found a grommet in the floorboard close to the drivers seat, which I might run 2 of the wires (wideband and oil pressure) through there because the wideband sensor plugs in right underneath that grommet. and I might just make a small hole in the firewall for the 1 wire that leads to the water temp sensor. if you have any other info please let me know.

Quick Reply: Aftermarket Gauge install help