Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Diablosport questions ????

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2017, 07:50 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Default Diablosport questions ????

Looking to find out some tuning questions on my swapped '03 S10.

Right now I am running the start-up tune on my truck after swapping a '99 5.3 into the truck. This is a very rich tune and am getting poor mileage out of the truck. So before I drop money on the package, I'd like to know if the tunes supplied with the package modify the spark advance and fuel tables. Not looking for proprietary information, but I really don't need a dyno tune done to ring out the last HP/TQ numbers out of the truck (daily driver vehicle). What I am doing is building an enjoyable daily driver, no drag strip time on this one.

The build (so you know what has been done):

1999 5.3, LS1 cam, 28# injectors, 862 truck heads, truck intake, '98 F-body exhaust manifolds, poly engine mounts, Y-pipe & stock S-10 single exhaust. Not a radical build at all.

ECU - 0411 DBC, tuned as an '01 Silverado.

I am looking to find out if the Diablosport package will work to clean up the existing tune?

Thanks, Jim
Old 09-11-2017, 10:02 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3,021 Likes on 2,352 Posts

Just fact that you are running an LS1 cam throws the tune off compared to a stock LM7 5.3 cam. A dyno tune still might be called for here to sharpen it up.
Old 09-11-2017, 11:48 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

You can't change the injector size in the vehicle without changing the injector tables in the calibration and there are several. And there were different stock LS1 cams used during it's run. Would help to know which one you used. But the injector size change is more of a problem than the cam swap. You are unclear about what Diablosport package you are referring to. Would probably require a custom tune by someone that has the Diablo CMR software.
Old 09-11-2017, 12:08 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3,021 Likes on 2,352 Posts

Good call on the injector size! I had ASSUMED (well, it made an *** outta me anyway! lol) that was the OEM injector size, or very close to it. Changing that WOULD affect things more than the cam, for sure!
Old 09-12-2017, 08:08 AM
TECH Apprentice

Default Updates

OK, I get it.

Cam used was the '02 Corvette LS1

Stock injectors were 21# and the cam was super mild in the '99 5.3

I did provide all this info to get the start-up tune on the ECM done (0411 DBC) - Gear ratio, tire size, injector size, coil type, intake used and cam info.

So this all sounds like a custom tune on the dyno ($500 bucks, ouch)

Thoughts? Should I bite the bullet and get the Trinity Pro software to mess with the fuel tables, or just take it into the local guy (base line pull, tuning pull and verification pull)

BTW - this combo runs great while the engine is below operating temps.
Old 09-12-2017, 08:15 AM
TECH Apprentice

One other item. I have a vibration (rotational, not driveline) with the engine running. In park or while driving, doesn't matter. This is enough to throw a P 0327 and P 0332 knock sensor code. Already replaced the sensors and harness (2x). So this shouldn't be the problem.

My thought is to pull the engine and put high density rubber pads under the frame stands to act as a dampener (poly mounts on the engine to solve a sag issue on the build). This would be .125" rubber (like a tool box mat).

Or, can the sensitivity on the sensors be changed (both?) to stop the codes from going off under normal driving conditions?

This is a big job to pull the engine up.
Old 09-12-2017, 09:56 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Assuming the base tune on the pcm is not locked, you can use the Trinity to edit the tune to get it right. We dont sell single user software, you'll want to work with one of our CMR tuning dealers to get it all sorted out.

Thanks

Quick Reply: Diablosport questions ????