Android/Elm327 Pcm Flash App (LS Droid Read only released) - Page 3 - LS1TECH - Camaro and Firebird Forum Discussion

Go Back  LS1TECH - Camaro and Firebird Forum Discussion > LS1-LS2-LS3-LS6-LS7 PERFORMANCE > PCM Diagnostics & Tuning
Reload this Page >

Android/Elm327 Pcm Flash App (LS Droid Read only released)

Notices
PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Diablo | Pantera EFI
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Android/Elm327 Pcm Flash App (LS Droid Read only released)

Old 11-29-2017, 08:38 PM
On The Tree

Lance/Pete,
I was wondering about foreign software from Countries that we do not have reciprocity IP / Copy write protection agreements related to IT and other Tech. China and other nations come to mind. Perhaps there are methods of acquiring a similar "bootloader" from one of these countries for use.

Then after is has been customized to the application at hand it could be properly and legally used within the US - and protected as a US piece of IT/Software. This may present an option to securing a useable bootloader as a template.
Mike
Old 11-29-2017, 10:51 PM
TECH Senior Member

Mikey has his thinking cap on today! And likely most other times.... lol
Old 11-30-2017, 10:30 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Default Processor IP = FREE

Hi Mikey, you WOULD need to know the specific processor as ASKED ?

MOST ALL, if not ALL Manufactures (IC's), provide that solution for FREE.

We are going in a forward direction, it just takes time.

Lance
Old 11-30-2017, 06:24 PM
On The Tree

Default Got it... somewhat.

Originally Posted by Pantera EFI View Post
Hi Mikey, you WOULD need to know the specific processor as ASKED ?

MOST ALL, if not ALL Manufactures (IC's), provide that solution for FREE.

We are going in a forward direction, it just takes time.

Lance
I think I follow... It's in good hands (Pete & Lance), what's needed is patience by the rest of us, unless we have some direct knowledge that can further the effort.
I'm good with that! Gents, just let us know if we "Non-Tech" folks can support by researching/locating or otherwise aide the effort. Heck, I'll need to get a Android phone by the time this is ready for beta testing / release....
Mike
Old 12-04-2017, 11:26 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Default NewEagle.net

Hi Pete, I work with New Eagle.

What is your next step ?

Mike, it is easy to support both types of Phone Apps.

Lance
Old 12-04-2017, 05:15 PM
TECH Apprentice

Hi Pete, I work with New Eagle.

What is your next step ?

Mike, it is easy to support both types of Phone Apps.

Lance
Still looking for an abandoned/permission to use boot loader for read/write

Have started working on a "data logging" solution with CSV file output.
Old 12-05-2017, 01:22 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Default MPC Power PC 32 bit "E-Val Board"

Hi Pete, the E-38 uses a MPC processor, FreeScale (NPX)

I use a Freescale DSP with my tool of Code Warrior.

I know the cost of a "E-Val" board supplied with tools, J-Tag, a Bootloader, etc. (Low Cost)

I have my Log Viewer with 32 .csv objects, you could use she same format for your work ?

Lance
Old 12-05-2017, 05:20 PM
TECH Apprentice

Hi Pete, the E-38 uses a MPC processor, FreeScale (NPX)

I use a Freescale DSP with my tool of Code Warrior.

I know the cost of a "E-Val" board supplied with tools, J-Tag, a Bootloader, etc. (Low Cost)

I have my Log Viewer with 32 .csv objects, you could use she same format for your work ?

Lance
The log viewer could likely be adapted. I have found a couple of opensource/free log viewers that work with csv formats so I have been more focused on getting the data pid refresh rate constant. I have been experimenting with rolling averages VS live data using a much faster refresh rate then a lot of other loggers do and comparing it's impact on file size and the quality of the data read.

I don't have any demo videos or screen shots right now but the general layout is that you can select each data pid you want to live log but the value for each pid will be displayed on screen regardless. I'm toying with the idea of switching from just numerical data pids on screen and going to something more like a modern scan tool with real time graphing, current value, min value and max values read since reset.

But.... at the same time I'm also thinking that a VE & spark table layout might be more useful for data logging so you can see what cell's your hitting rather then what each pid is displaying.

I'll have to look at the evaluation board and see if it's something that I could work with. BTW I sent you a PM regarding the email after our phone call the other day.
Old 12-06-2017, 12:18 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Default Log Viewer : FTP Site

Hi Pete, I could send you LogViewer.exe with sample files ?

Would you be able to post the FTP site ?

Lance
Old 12-06-2017, 05:44 PM
TECH Apprentice

Hi Pete, I could send you LogViewer.exe with sample files ?

Would you be able to post the FTP site ?

Lance
Not sure what you mean, I don't have any website setup currently for outside ftp access and I'm not even sure if I have an ftp client installed on my computer currently lol.

Maybe dropbox or google drive?
Old 12-06-2017, 07:06 PM
Teching In

OP - Lurking on your two recent threads. Appreciate your perseverance through the "refining fire" on this site. Don't pretend to follow the technical aspects you and Lance cover but realize the long term potential in breaking the lock HPT and EFI have on tuning and forcing change through innovative thinking. Beats the crap outta the "what cam" threads commonly seen here.
Old 12-06-2017, 09:33 PM
12 Second Club

This sounds like a great project open source tuning and logging would be great and with tablets taking over being able to tune from a tablet that runs android would be pretty great. Keep up the good work it’s a slow process to figure these things out.
Old 12-09-2017, 11:30 PM
TECH Junkie

This may all be a moot point, as there is talk of WIN10 being released for ARM architecture. This would allow any windows compatible software to be run from mobile devices.
Old 12-10-2017, 01:55 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by gametech View Post
This may all be a moot point, as there is talk of WIN10 being released for ARM architecture. This would allow any windows compatible software to be run from mobile devices.
Yes and No, Yes windows Arm would allow "Some" windows files to be run if they are compatible with the screen size, device input method and are able to access the USB ports.

Now the issue, it's not just an app it's a complete OS meaning it would replace the OS on your phone. Now the issue with that is that a great deal of modern phones have locked boot loaders and only a handful have been cracked to the point of being able to wipe the device and reinstall a new OS. Doing so would be hard unless something like Odin was hacked to work with it. The issue with that is that unless you pay for your phone outright or your phone is off contract your not legally allowed to gain root access to your device. Now lets assume your device is out of contract while it would be legal to modify the software a great deal of phones have not had the boot loaders cracked to the point you could install windows Arm.

Now given time it's something that will become more common for main stream devices but this is about the equivalent to installing Android on an Iphone or vise versa. I'm looking forward to seeing how it turns out but I'm not holding my breath.
Old 12-10-2017, 03:31 PM
TECH Veteran

down as **** for another player to enter the market of tuning stock computers.

if for no other reason than to light a fire under HPT's *** to bring back the output function of their enhanced I/O

OP, PM me your paypal so I can throw you some funds when I'm more flush
Old 12-10-2017, 09:37 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by PeteS160 View Post
Yes and No, Yes windows Arm would allow "Some" windows files to be run if they are compatible with the screen size, device input method and are able to access the USB ports.

Now the issue, it's not just an app it's a complete OS meaning it would replace the OS on your phone. Now the issue with that is that a great deal of modern phones have locked boot loaders and only a handful have been cracked to the point of being able to wipe the device and reinstall a new OS. Doing so would be hard unless something like Odin was hacked to work with it. The issue with that is that unless you pay for your phone outright or your phone is off contract your not legally allowed to gain root access to your device. Now lets assume your device is out of contract while it would be legal to modify the software a great deal of phones have not had the boot loaders cracked to the point you could install windows Arm.

Now given time it's something that will become more common for main stream devices but this is about the equivalent to installing Android on an Iphone or vise versa. I'm looking forward to seeing how it turns out but I'm not holding my breath.
I understand that this would not be something most would ever want to do with their currently in use cellphone. However, I am thinking of android radios, which typically have unlocked bootloaders, and older cellphones, such as the s6 I was using before upgrading to an s8. I understand that a native android app would be ideal, but it also seems the least likely option to actually materialize.
Old 12-11-2017, 03:43 AM
Teching In

Wow there are some really persistent jackasses in here.
Old 12-11-2017, 11:59 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by flyingbrick88 View Post
Wow there are some really persistent jackasses in here.
Like WHO? This thread is very informative!
Old 12-11-2017, 12:09 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by 01ssreda4 View Post
Very very few people need to read or change a vin. When it can data log Or actually alter the pcm file then you'll be on to something. Even if it's simple like tire swap changes or disabling SES lights permanently. Until then it sounds like a useful gadget that very few people will actually need. And again, I don't think phones can process that type of information enough to be useful.
Originally Posted by G Atsma View Post
Like WHO? This thread is very informative!
Ya see buddy....when people ask for opinions, and you are honest, some people get upset. When it doesnt agree with what they want to hear, they take it as a personal attack. Doesn't mean I'm right. It means nothing, but yet the butthurt from some still rages on. And I even ended up recanting and finding some usefulness in this idea. But still
Old 12-11-2017, 12:40 PM
TECH Senior Member

Yep, know watcha mean....

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Android/Elm327 Pcm Flash App (LS Droid Read only released)

About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: