PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Android/Elm327 Pcm Flash App (LS Droid Read only released)

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2018, 06:07 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 526 Likes on 356 Posts

so uh how long til i can alter my vin & serial
Old 03-15-2018, 12:07 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 157 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by truckdoug
another one of my ls swapped rigs has good connectivity.

P01, segment swapped for an 80e ...nothing fancy

Cool thanks for testing. So far no one has reported any problems with it on an LS pcm
Old 03-19-2018, 10:16 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sorry for my delays in testing. I was out of town and then promptly forgot.

I am able to connect, but I am unable to read my pcm. I've got a e67.
I have a generic 'blue' obd2 reader that works with torque and other apps.

Basically, it starts the countdown reading data, then jockeys back and forth until it fails.

Sorry about the size of these screenshots - I don't know how to resize them once attached.

The first is where it'll go back and forth on progress bar. After a few seconds it does the second pic. Do I have too cheap of a OBD reader?

Last edited by dmistretta; 03-19-2018 at 10:33 AM.
Old 03-19-2018, 06:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by dmistretta
sorry for my delays in testing. I was out of town and then promptly forgot.

I am able to connect, but I am unable to read my pcm. I've got a e67.
I have a generic 'blue' obd2 reader that works with torque and other apps.

Basically, it starts the countdown reading data, then jockeys back and forth until it fails.

Sorry about the size of these screenshots - I don't know how to resize them once attached.

The first is where it'll go back and forth on progress bar. After a few seconds it does the second pic. Do I have too cheap of a OBD reader?
Working as intended. The E67 is Canbus and this should only work on J1850. Testing on incompatible pcm's is just as important as testing on the correct type. When it comes time to write data to the pcm I want to make sure the app won't talk to the wrong type of pcm......bad things would happen. So seeing that it doesn't is a good sign
Old 03-19-2018, 11:25 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 526 Likes on 356 Posts

would it read an e38?
Old 03-19-2018, 11:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by truckdoug
would it read an e38?
NO, right now this is specific to J1850 meaning the 96-07 truck computers and the 97-03 ish car computers
Old 03-20-2018, 08:58 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PeteS160
Working as intended. The E67 is Canbus and this should only work on J1850. Testing on incompatible pcm's is just as important as testing on the correct type. When it comes time to write data to the pcm I want to make sure the app won't talk to the wrong type of pcm......bad things would happen. So seeing that it doesn't is a good sign
Thank you Pete. I have access to a few trucks that I can test against too. Once you slay the j1850 beast, I'd love to see you work on CAN. It would be great to use my android radio to swap tunes as needed.

By the way, I've found that my e67 on 2007 cts-v is a special beast. I've had issues with hptuners and standalone logging and me trying to sniff CAN data in order to replace the radio and try to retain the DIC and some settings that were only able to be set via the OEM radio. I was able to decode some items, but I guess I'm not smart enough for the rest. EVERYTHING seemed to be non-standard addresses, but followed the proper encoding. I gave up on that project a while ago since the bus was so chatty. Maybe someday I will again

Last edited by dmistretta; 03-20-2018 at 10:52 AM.
Old 04-09-2018, 11:56 AM
TECH Enthusiast

First Contact for a stand alone Android Bin read has been made. This may not look like much but trust me it's huge. Sending the Flash kernel to the PCM has been something I've been stuck on for months. With the help of Antus from Pcmhacking.net this has been solved. This is still a pretty good ways out before any type of release but this has been the first major breakthrough on this in several months that has held up much of my work.
Old 04-12-2018, 01:05 AM
TECH Enthusiast

HOUSTON.......WE HAVE 4X MODE WORKING

After a great deal of headache with this App all week I am happy to be able to say that I was able to send the boot loader from Android over Bluetooth and the PCM accepted it

Wish I had more to show......but all I have is a data log

6C 10 F0 28 00 10 <-----Silence the Data Bus
6C F0 10 68 00 9F<--------Pcm says OK
6C 10 F0 27 01 B0 <---------Request Pcm Seed
6C F0 10 67 01 5E ED 05 <----------Pcm sends the Seed back
6C 10 F0 27 02 A5 EF EE <------------App solves the key sends the Answer
6C F0 10 67 02 34 4B <----------Key was valid and Pcm unlocks
6C 10 F0 3F 5E <-------Sending Tester present message to keep pcm in a unlocked state
6C 10 F0 A0 0E <----Requested Highspeed
6C F0 10 E0 AA 7F <---------Pcm gives permission to start Highspeed
6C 10 F0 A1 13 <----------Starting Highspeed
AA AA AA AA AA AA AA AA AA AA AA <----------PCM is now in highspeed mode and uploading the flash kernel in block mode to the pcm's ram.
AA AA AA AA AA AA AA
AA AA AA AA AA AA AA AA AA AA AA AA AA AA AA AA AA AA AA AA AA AA AA AA AA AA AA AA AA AA AA AA
AA AA AA AA AA AA AA AA AA AA AA AA AA AA AA AA AA AA AA AA AA AA AA AA AA AA AA AA AA AA AA AA
AA EA AA AA AA AA AA AA
AA AA AA AA AA AA AA AA AA AA AA AA AA AA AA AA AA AA
AA EA AA AA AA AA AA AA
AA EA AA AA AA AA AA AA
AA EA AA AA AA AA AA AA
AA EA AA AA AA AA AA AA
AA EA AA AA AA AA AA AA
AA EA AA AA AA AA AA AA
AA AA AA AA EA AA AA AA AA AA AA
Old 04-12-2018, 05:30 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

AAAAAAAAAaaaaalllll Yea! you the man!
Old 04-19-2018, 01:06 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Sent a couple copes of the Vin/Serial number app out tonight. If all goes well I'll have it posted for download by the weekend.

The app write the Vin on the P1(512K) and P59(1mb)

The app will also write the serial number on the P1(512K) with out any issues. The 1mb pcm is much more complex to change the serial on but it's still in the works. Rather then making people wait until it can do serial on both pcm's I figured fully working on one pcm would at least tide some of you guys over.

I've found the breaking point for devices that will work, and pretty much none of the clone/knock off Elm's are capable of writing the serial number data however most of them can at least change the vin number. So if you were hoping to use a $15 dollar dongle to do this with it's not gonna work. I've spent a great deal of time looking for ways to make the data packets that need to be sent small enough but pretty much none of the clones can handle it. It looks like it's going to need a dongle that's gonna be in the $30+ price range unless someone finds something cheaper that it works with. If the device is incompatible it just flags an error in the app and makes the pcm reset it self like it would after a normal flash was finished.

Some eye candy to tide people over......

This app has been rewritten from the ground up and the code structure drastically changed. This now offers far more functionality then any previous version, vastly improved both read and write speeds.

Added error handling for 7F messages as well as No DATA responses from the BT Dongle
Message log has been simplified and is now also scroll-able after each action is performed.
Bluetooth error 515 and 517 from incorrect Bluetooth device or device not paired have also been fixed
Added a check to make sure Bluetooth is turned on before trying to load a list of avaible devices
Fixed error 909 from mismatched baud rate with the BT Device
Added the ability to disconnect the app from the current blue tooth device with out having to close the app.
Disabled back button while your in the app unless there is a message being displayed on screen and in that case the back button will only clear the current message if there is no count down taking place.
Added on screen countdown and instructions for when to power off the pcm after writing data, how long to wait and when to power it back up again.

So.....I've basically fixed every bug any one's found over the last 6 months, filtered out incompatible devices and drastically simplified everything.

I've also added ability to save a text file with current and updated Vin/Serial as they are changed, once the log is started every change made to the current pcm is logged.

ID Numbers Read From Pcm
Vin Number: 00000000000000000
Serial Number: 000000000000
OS ID Number: 12212156
Seed: 77EC
Unlock Key: A6D6

ID Numbers After Flash
Vin Number: 11111111111111111
Serial Number: 000000000000

ID Numbers After Flash
Vin Number: 11111111111111111
Serial Number: 111111111111
More to come in the next day or two.......
Old 04-19-2018, 04:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

In the words of homer, " OMG OMG OMG"
Old 04-19-2018, 04:54 AM
Restricted User

Received 107 Likes on 89 Posts

That is some exciting news!
Old 04-19-2018, 09:42 AM
TECH Addict

Received 534 Likes on 396 Posts

can you link to known working bt dongles?
Old 04-19-2018, 06:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TrendSetter
can you link to known working bt dongles?
Obdlink Mx is 100% working with this

Obdlink Lx should be working 100% but I won't have 1 in my own hands to test with until this weekend but someone has used it and said it worked fine.

Allpro development board+HC-5 bluetooth is 100% working with our modified firmware that is user flash able.

I'm waiting on return emails from Plx and Bluedriver for the technical specs on their devices.

I'll have a better answer for this in a couple of days.
Old 04-20-2018, 07:33 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1,253 Likes on 804 Posts

Any testing done with BAFx?

I have an ecm in a rolled pickup that still works. I would be a test dummy.
Old 04-20-2018, 07:35 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by MaroonMonsterLS1

x2 as I currently use that to scan
Old 04-20-2018, 11:13 AM
TECH Enthusiast

It can not change the serial number, The buffer in the device is too small, Ive tried every way possible even going as far as doing the serial number one digit at a time but by the time the address to load the serial at in the pcm is set the buffer is full.
Old 04-20-2018, 11:31 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1,253 Likes on 804 Posts

Originally Posted by PeteS160
It can not change the serial number, The buffer in the device is too small, Ive tried every way possible even going as far as doing the serial number one digit at a time but by the time the address to load the serial at in the pcm is set the buffer is full.
Darn that's too bad. But it CAN change the VIN correct? And that is what HPt uses for it's key ID right?
Old 04-20-2018, 04:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Darn that's too bad. But it CAN change the VIN correct? And that is what HPt uses for it's key ID right?
Yes, it will change the Vin number. The app when used with a fully compatible device will almost make an exact clone of another Pcm. I say almost because I have not included changing the BCC code in the Pcm. It can be done but it leaves a LOT of room for mistakes that can have some really negative side affects if you put in a bogus BCC and can cause compatibility issues with other systems. It will likely be added in at some point(and be able to make a 100% clone) but it would read a BCC code from a bin file rather then you entering it by hand. However I'm not aware of any one that use's the BCC for any type of program check.

Quick Reply: Android/Elm327 Pcm Flash App (LS Droid Read only released)