Sponsored by:

Bulkhead Wiring Connector

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2018, 11:03 AM
Staging Lane

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Bulkhead Wiring Connector

Hi guys,
I am rewiring my LSx swap for my S10 pickup and am going with a couple of 47 pin circular plastic bulkhead connectors from Waytek to run my PCM wiring harness inside the vehicle to where the PCM is now located. When looking up the terminal sizes they have a couple of choices depending on if the wires are TXL or GXL/SXL, the thickness of the insulation is what they want to know, so the type of terminals and main rubber sealing washers are correct for your application. I don't want to get the wrong terminals and seals and have connectivity or water intrusion issues down the road after I spent many a hour on in and the vehicle is assembled and I'm sitting on the side of the road wondering what happened. Does anybody know what type wire was used on a 2003 5.3 Vortec Suburban wiring harness in that time period? Any help would be appreciated. Nothing goes easy when building a hotrod. Have a good day
Old 01-18-2018, 11:22 AM
TECH Addict

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

its really small wire from the ecm. like 22 gauge or something. The battery hot and ign hots are a lil thicker. Best to call up waytek and ask them what they recommend.
Old 01-18-2018, 11:34 AM
Staging Lane

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks brandon6.0,
I know the PMC wires are small and they probably have the thinner insulation, but I better take your advice and call them. They are a wiring component manufacturer and may not know, but on the other hand they may come across this problem day to day and give me some good advice. Thank you again.
Old 03-20-2018, 01:02 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Can you link me to the bulkheads you used? I'm thinking about doing the same thing and there are way too many options out there...

Quick Reply: Bulkhead Wiring Connector