Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

need Help Diagnosing My issue

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2018, 12:50 PM
Teching In

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default need Help Diagnosing My issue

sorry if this is in the wrong category but recently started having issues with my Car after it rained..i've been reading through the forums but no luck finding the issue yet.

i have a 2002 Camaro z28 with an LQ4 swapped in. has Long tube headers, NO cats and a K&N cold air intake.

2 weeks ago i started the car up after it rained and felt an unusual shake and noticed a slight drop in the idle, tried driving it and it seemed like it was about to stall out, so i turned it off and back on, problem went away, but happened again the following day.

didn't give me any problems for the next few days so didn't pay any attention to it, that weekend i took it to the car wash and on the way home, the car started to drive really rough (until it gets passed 2500 rpms) , the SES light started to flash and i can smell fuel in the cabin. i parked it after that.

the next morning i tried to clean up the MAF and the IAC to see if it solved the issue...i THOUGHT it did because it drove fine while it was cold, but when i turn it off and back on after its warmed up, it starts to drive like sh*t again

i borrowed a scanner and it gave me the following codes: P0141, P1153, P0306, P0140.

From my understanding 3 of those codes are for the drivers side rear O2 sensor, and a misfire in cylinder 6... i ordered 2 of the Bosch 13111 sensors to replace the 2 rear sensors, but no luck it drove the same..

so the problem im having is, it only does this after the car gets warmed up, where should i go from here..?? also could that bad O2 sensor cause the misfire?
Old 01-22-2018, 01:07 PM
TECH Addict

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Misfire on #6 have u checked the plugs, wires, coils, injectors. Try unplugging the #6 coil and see if mis stays or gets worse. If not, trie #6 injector and report back.
Old 01-23-2018, 11:08 AM
Teching In

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

i'm going to try and check them tonight...last night i cleared the codes and test drove it and re-scanned and now i'm getting code P0300 should i check anything else?

Quick Reply: need Help Diagnosing My issue