Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Holley Dominator Users (Fbody) come inside

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2018, 10:55 AM
9 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Holley Dominator Users (Fbody) come inside

I just purchased a Holley Dominator setup for my TT427 2002 Camaro. I'm looking for a little insight from anyone who has completed the install.

When you guys install this system are the headlights, turn signals, and all those ammenities still in operation since they operate off the BCM? Is there any addtiitional wiring that needs to be done to make them work when the holley is installed. I'm aware the cluster will no longer work but I will have the the holley digital dash.

Also, what wiring can i take out up front by the fuse boxes in the engine compartment. Any insight or tips/advice would be great! Thanks!
Old 01-27-2018, 07:15 PM
9 Second Club

No one here uses Holley EFI?
Old 01-28-2018, 02:45 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 475 Likes on 354 Posts

I don't have an F-body, Mine is an 2000 S10. Basically everything that was controlled by the BCM alone still works. Alarm, Dome lights, Door locks, Windows, Stereo still shuts off when the door is opened after turning off the ignition. Turn signals and brake lights/head lights/daytime running lights and so on all work.
One thing you might be able to try would be to unplug the harness that plugs into the computer and see what still works and what doesn't. I don't think it will hurt anything.

Holley controls everything engine related including fuel pump/ Fans/ Air conditioning.
Old 01-28-2018, 03:10 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by bwolfZ28
Also, what wiring can i take out up front by the fuse boxes in the engine compartment. Any insight or tips/advice would be great! Thanks!
Your wiring will be different than my S10 but most GM products are setup in a similar way, On my S10 the engine harness plugs into the bottom of the fuse box. Basically what I did was figure out what the Holley was going to control from that harness and removed those wires, In my case I only ended up keeping one wire that went to the starter solenoid. The rest of the harness was engine and A/C and computer connections.

I love my Holley EFI, Tuning was a breeze and with the dash I can literally monitor everything on one screen. I have speed/tach/water temp/oil pressure/oil temp/trans temp/flex fuel/Injector duty cycle/boost and a some I'm sure I'm forgetting. I honestly think it will control/monitor just about anything you can dream up.
Old 01-28-2018, 02:43 PM
FormerVendor

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

I just purchased a Holley Dominator setup for my TT427 2002 Camaro. I'm looking for a little insight from anyone who has completed the install.

When you guys install this system are the headlights, turn signals, and all those ammenities still in operation since they operate off the BCM? Is there any addtiitional wiring that needs to be done to make them work when the holley is installed. I'm aware the cluster will no longer work but I will have the the holley digital dash.

You can remove the whole engine harness and the bcm and lights etc will still work like normal.
Old 01-29-2018, 11:03 AM
9 Second Club

Thanks Guys. I' took the main harness out, and last night I worked on the headlight harness and the fuse boxes. I'm seperating all the wires not needed in the fuse boxes and then will remove the wires going into the firewall as well.

I had everything apart last night and turned the lights on and they all worked. Im most likely going to not run the fuel pump wire off the dominator harness unless its absolutely required. I can run my pumps off of the original wiring unless the factory PCM wont allow the fuel pump to turn on?
Old 01-29-2018, 12:27 PM
TECH Junkie

Im most likely going to not run the fuel pump wire off the dominator harness unless its absolutely required. I can run my pumps off of the original wiring unless the factory PCM wont allow the fuel pump to turn on?
I'm sure that someone probably knows more about it than I do as far what the factory wiring needs signal wise if any to turn the pump on but Holley does have a fuel pump prime time setting feature in the software. You should still be able to use the factory wiring/relay but use the Holley output to trigger it.
Old 01-29-2018, 01:29 PM
9 Second Club

Yeah. I hope someone will chime in that has installed this into an Fbody.
Old 01-29-2018, 03:06 PM
FormerVendor

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

You can use the factory fuel pump wire and connect it to the holley fuel pump wire and let holley control it. Holley has its only fuel pump relay.
Old 01-29-2018, 11:14 PM
9 Second Club

I will use the factory fuel pump wire and hook the green holley wire up to it. I just need to figure out what color wire to hook it up to.

I also ditched all of the fuse blocks under the hood. I stripped the harness from everything that the holley will control. I was left with basically the headlights and fog lamps.

Since I dont have an ignition relay anymore I'm assuming I can just wire a new relay in?

The 3 wires off the ignition switch I will put the red one to constant hot, yellow wire to the starter solenoid, and the pink wire to a ignition hot.
The following users liked this post:
nickslt1 (04-23-2020)

Quick Reply: Holley Dominator Users (Fbody) come inside