PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Inexpensive Opensource Flashing(Read is 100% working)

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2019, 08:43 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default move thread ?

Originally Posted by PeteS160
You might want to move this type of discussion to the Flex fuel thread about 10-15 topics down from this one. This is getting a bit off track.
Can you move an existing thread ?

https://weaponxmotorsports.com/colle...=4184132452379
Old 02-15-2019, 10:01 PM
TECH Addict

Received 38 Likes on 34 Posts

No he's saying you should start your own thread instead of mucking up this thread
Old 02-16-2019, 08:33 AM
Staging Lane

Default Mucked up Threads

Yes I agree the threads go on and on about things that don't have anything to do with the issue at hand ..Some dude has problems with his LS powered car .. he writes a whole story about what a nice day it is to drive his car to pick his kid up from baseball practice .... Which really has nothing to do with his engine problems ..

But that's why I normally avoid Forums.. but some are very handy such as for snowmobiles or motorcycles or guns..

The first thing I noticed on here is that some people live and Breath LS engines and assume that every one else is the same.. I know the ins and out of SB and BB Chevy but never worked on an LS thus I have to start with the basics.. My only experience with ECM is on motorcycle and snowmobiles .. I have not yet found a good way to search old threads.. But I see some one made a post how using google is better.. and then I noticed a google option with in this web site..
Old 02-18-2019, 12:17 PM
Teching In

So... how far are we away from being able to say, load a Camaro OS into a '411 controller?

Jim
Old 02-18-2019, 03:13 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 526 Likes on 356 Posts

we're there and beyond
Old 02-19-2019, 02:32 AM
9 Second Club

Received 13 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by NSFW
Nope, I'm not missing anything.

What you've missed (twice ) is that I want the spark and FUEL tables to have the same axes.

I wouldn't change the VE table

I wouldn't change the spark table.

The existing open-loop fuel table would be replaced by something with an RPM axis and a load axis (same as the spark table).
It would need a new table to modify the open-loop mixture based on coolant temperature. (Maybe IAT too.)
And then PE would no longer be necessary, or even useful, so those tables and constants would go away.

Ideally the spark and fuel load axes would go up as high as they need to, so that the MAP compensation table could go away too. Not sure if that's practical, but it would be nice.
OHHH I gotcha. The EFILive Custom OS already does that though. In a stock OS the "Open Loop Fuel/Air" tables are MAP vs Coolant Temp. The EFILive COS changes the coolant temp axis to RPM then adds a Coolant temp multiplier table.

​​​​​​​
Old 02-19-2019, 08:47 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by truckdoug
we're there and beyond
Oh that's good. How about a 2 bar MAP sensor? Is that a thing yet?

Jim
Old 02-19-2019, 09:23 AM
TECH Senior Member

there's a couple people working on 2 and 3 bar file definitions for tuner pro
Old 02-21-2019, 01:32 AM
TECH Resident

Received 117 Likes on 89 Posts

Originally Posted by Jim Blackwood
So... how far are we away from being able to say, load a Camaro OS into a '411 controller?

Jim
Pete's Android app can do that, and PCM Hammer will eventually, but for now PCM Hammer is limited to calibration and parameter flashing. I want to get P59 calibration and parameter flashing to work before I work on full OS flashing.
Old 02-21-2019, 06:33 AM
Staging Lane

Default HP Tuners for beginners like me

Old 02-21-2019, 08:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 157 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by MarkZ281979
Hp Tuners video
I appreciate your trying to help but linking an Hp Tuners video in a topic that's sole purpose is to provide a free and viable alternatives to commercial flash tools such as Hp Tuners is anything but helpful.

Now linking a video outlining the same thing but using the PCM Hammer and Tuner Pro would be VERY helpful for people
Old 02-22-2019, 11:32 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by PeteS160
I appreciate your trying to help but linking an Hp Tuners video in a topic that's sole purpose is to provide a free and viable alternatives to commercial flash tools such as Hp Tuners is anything but helpful.

Now linking a video outlining the same thing but using the PCM Hammer and Tuner Pro would be VERY helpful for people

ok i'll put that on my list of videos to make. i still havent sussed a good way to log wide band and fuel pressure with tunapro
Old 02-22-2019, 04:48 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by truckdoug
ok i'll put that on my list of videos to make. i still havent sussed a good way to log wide band and fuel pressure with tunapro
Use spare analog inputs on the PCM and then log that voltage value and use a transfer function to convert the voltage into a lambda value or afr value.
Old 02-22-2019, 08:44 PM
TECH Resident

Received 117 Likes on 89 Posts

What analog inputs are available?

If we can feed a wideband signal to the PCM, we could potentially use it to fine-tune the VE table in real time.
Old 02-22-2019, 09:05 PM
Teching In

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I use the EGR valve input as mine was removed and disabled. That way I can log without having to worry about extra wires hooked up to my HPTuners cable.
Old 02-23-2019, 10:51 AM
TECH Senior Member

NSFW, for most stand alone swaps there's a few unused inputs

egr is probably most common

but fuel level sensor, ac request and a couple others depending on platform.
Old 02-23-2019, 12:32 PM
9 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Ac and egr are most common 5v inputs I believe, but ther is also the shifter range select most commonly used on trucks(bolts to trans shifter shaft) also SD tunes will have unused maf input, also the rear o2 sensors most people don't use.

I'd love to a custom operating system that can have and use a Wideband for automatic fueling adjustment like how the holley does it.

Old 02-23-2019, 02:07 PM
Teching In

I hate to interrupt the party, but I'd like to participate a little if I can. I bought the AllPro cable and installed TunerPro Rt, built a bench harness and picked up 3ea. '411 controllers at the pick-n-pull, thought I'd be ready to see what I could do.

But, TunerPro doesn't see the AllPro-USB cable. Windows sees it,(USB-Serial CH340) downloaded and installed a driver for it, designated a com port for it. TunerPro is oblivious. {Cable not found or not functioning (tested at 8192 baud). Disconnect cable from vehicle before testing.} I tried matching the com ports, changing the baud rate, different laptop, even had my son try it on his high powered gaming computer (he's a computer science grad and does development for Fidelity). None of the 3 worked, same exact results every time, and this was with the cable not plugged into the bench harness.

So do I have a bad AllPro, or am I just missing something?

Jim
Old 02-23-2019, 10:53 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by NSFW
What analog inputs are available?

If we can feed a wideband signal to the PCM, we could potentially use it to fine-tune the VE table in real time.
All of these are 0-5v inputs:
EGR (need to disable spark and fueling modifiers)
AC (need to zero tq adders and bump spark so idle and spark manipulation doesn't occur at various voltage inputs)
Trans Temp Sensor (spare if no automatic trans is being used)
Fuel Tank Level Sensor 1
Fuel Tank Level Sensor 2
Fuel Tank Pressure

Then you have the 4 available o2 signal inputs but are limited to around 1.1v input. Some modification to the input circuit on the board of the PCM could increase those values some but haven't looked into that (did this on the old OBD1 Honda ECU's years ago).
Old 02-23-2019, 11:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 157 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by Jim Blackwood
I hate to interrupt the party, but I'd like to participate a little if I can. I bought the AllPro cable and installed TunerPro Rt, built a bench harness and picked up 3ea. '411 controllers at the pick-n-pull, thought I'd be ready to see what I could do.

But, TunerPro doesn't see the AllPro-USB cable. Windows sees it,(USB-Serial CH340) downloaded and installed a driver for it, designated a com port for it. TunerPro is oblivious. {Cable not found or not functioning (tested at 8192 baud). Disconnect cable from vehicle before testing.} I tried matching the com ports, changing the baud rate, different laptop, even had my son try it on his high powered gaming computer (he's a computer science grad and does development for Fidelity). None of the 3 worked, same exact results every time, and this was with the cable not plugged into the bench harness.

So do I have a bad AllPro, or am I just missing something?

Jim
Have you used the Allpro with the PCM Hammer? I'm sure the cable is fine.... I just think your misunderstanding how it would interact with Tuner Pro.

There isn't much to use the Allpro for with Tuner Pro RT. You would only be able to use it for logging using an ADX specifically for the Allpro. I started a baseline ADX written for the Allpro that Antus was going to make for a couple of people wanting to try it but I'm honestly not sure if he has it done yet.

In Tuner Pro the test baud doesn't do anything. All you can do is tell it what com port to look for the device on. When you have an ADX loaded and you click start logging it will open what ever port you've told it the device is on and it runs the scripting from the ADX file. In the bottom of Tuner Pro RT if the ADX loads correctly and it was able to open the port you told it to look for you'd see it showing CONNECTED and what Hz the ADX is running at.

Your likely trying to start the Emulator or something along those lines, they are not used for logging with and none of the flashing/burning functions in Tuner Pro RT are used either.

Quick Reply: Inexpensive Opensource Flashing(Read is 100% working)