PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TPS for switch on off?

Old 04-17-2018, 09:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Get ya one Doug! They're cheap!

Just start playing with writing a simple program to blink an LED. You can take it anywhere you want from there.
Old 04-19-2018, 09:34 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 439 Likes on 334 Posts

I just went out to the parking lot and snapped a pic of my controller.
Its an enclosure from digikey filled with Walmart epoxy.
i made it 3 or 4 years ago and have used it on two trucks through a few firmware iterations.

Old 04-19-2018, 11:46 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Very nice. Do you have a bread or perf board on the other side or?
Old 04-19-2018, 12:01 PM
Restricted User

Received 104 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by TrendSetter
I just went out to the parking lot and snapped a pic of my controller.
Its an enclosure from digikey filled with Walmart epoxy.
i made it 3 or 4 years ago and have used it on two trucks through a few firmware iterations.
I need to find decent arduino enclosures that come with harness connectors. I have 4 Nanos in my car right now and the wiring is getting to be a handful. Not to mention if it rains, they're done. Epoxy isn't a bad idea. Especially with them being nanos ($3/each). Worst case, I put connectors on all of my wiring so I can just disconnect the nano and replace it.
Old 04-19-2018, 12:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Damn Joe,

What all are you controlling with 4 of em?
Old 04-19-2018, 12:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

i design my own pcbs and have them fabbed at oshpark, so its all one integrated deal.
the one i posted a picture of has a bunch of input and output circuits kind of like a mini megasquirt.
it uses the same mcu as an arduino (atmega328p) with the arduino bootloader, so i can flash it with arduino but its not exactly arduino hardware.
Old 04-19-2018, 02:34 PM
TECH Resident

Received 117 Likes on 89 Posts

What are you guys using to step down from 12v to an Arduino-friendly voltage? I ask because I have an Arduino in my Subaru that flakes out intermittently and I'm steering to suspect that my power supply (a little 12-to-7.5 converter I found on Amazon) might be passing noise though.
Old 04-19-2018, 03:07 PM
Restricted User

Originally Posted by ElQueFør
Damn Joe,

What all are you controlling with 4 of em?
1. Microsquirt piggyback. Does CANBUS with microsquirt to pull sensor data. Then I input oil pressure, water pressure, 2nd wideband. Datalogs them all together onto a text file that can be opened in MegaLogViewer alongside the microsquirt log. Also does fan control, closed loop IAC control (microsquirt doesn't do IAC control, or fan control), water/meth.

2. Paddle shifters. Outputs to a small 1.8" LCD for a gear indicator. Reads speed from front/rear ABS sensors. Boost controller is also wired to it. Now I can do boost by gear, boost by speed, boost by time, and traction control. Input signal from a potentiometer so I can also do Boost by G.

3. Ignition controller. In order for the car to start, you have to flip a toggle switch to power the ignition arduino. Then a finerprint scanner acts as the ignition switch. It turns on the ignition relay, same as turning the Key to ON. From there all of the arduinos, microsquirt, etc get power. Push button start after that. If the car dies, the ignition relay is still on, so just push to start. Flipping the toggle switch shuts off power to the arduino, and therefor the whole car.

4. Test arduino for the active aero. Still working on this one.

Originally Posted by NSFW
What are you guys using to step down from 12v to an Arduino-friendly voltage?
I either run a 5-dollar ebay 12-to-5 volt converter, or use a cell phone charger. I take it apart, fuse it straight to 12v somewhere, and plug it into the USB on the arduino.

i design my own pcbs and have them fabbed at oshpark, so its all one integrated deal.
If you design PCBs, I have a file I need made. I don't have the time to sit down and figure out Eagle CAD. It always wants a schematic to create a board with, and I just need a prototyping board/breakout board with no components. I can't take PMs on here, but if you're interested I'll give you my phone/facebook/email.
Old 04-19-2018, 08:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by JoeNova
If you design PCBs, I have a file I need made. I don't have the time to sit down and figure out Eagle CAD. It always wants a schematic to create a board with, and I just need a prototyping board/breakout board with no components. I can't take PMs on here, but if you're interested I'll give you my phone/facebook/email.
eaglecad is tricky, very unlike any other cad program as far as usability and keyboard shortcuts.
you have to draw up the schematic from scratch into it, ive never imported an existing one.
ill pm with my email

i cant pm you, i guess you have it disabled? let me know your email
Old 04-19-2018, 08:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

2. Paddle shifters. Outputs to a small 1.8" LCD for a gear indicator. Reads speed from front/rear ABS sensors. Boost controller is also wired to it. Now I can do boost by gear, boost by speed, boost by time, and traction control. Input signal from a potentiometer so I can also do Boost by G.
thats pretty advanced stuff. i started working on a boost controller a couple years ago but it never went very far. a million projects, we all know how that goes.
Old 04-19-2018, 08:59 PM
Restricted User

eaglecad is tricky, very unlike any other cad program as far as usability and keyboard shortcuts.
you have to draw up the schematic from scratch into it, ive never imported an existing one.
ill pm with my email

i cant pm you, i guess you have it disabled? let me know your email
I'm in LS1tech prison. Can't do anything but post. Can't do PMs, view attachments (including images), edit posts, etc. I've pleaded for them to cut me some slack after like 18 months and was blatantly ignored.

joefields1987@gmail.com
Old 04-19-2018, 09:06 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3,017 Likes on 2,348 Posts

I'm in LS1tech prison. Can't do anything but post. Can't do PMs, view attachments (including images), edit posts, etc. I've pleaded for them to cut me some slack after like 18 months and was blatantly ignored.

joefields1987@gmail.com
Joe, I too wish the mods would lift the restriction from your account! You do a LOT more good than harm around here, and are VERY helpful every time I see your posts. For them to persist in this bullshit makes them bigger offenders than you ever were! You have paid your dues a few times over. MODS????
Old 04-20-2018, 12:28 AM
TECH Resident

Received 117 Likes on 89 Posts

https://ls1tech.com/forums/user-supp...e-joenova.html
Old 04-20-2018, 02:27 AM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,462 Likes on 1,054 Posts

Originally Posted by G Atsma
Joe, I too wish the mods would lift the restriction from your account! You do a LOT more good than harm around here, and are VERY helpful every time I see your posts. For them to persist in this bullshit makes them bigger offenders than you ever were! You have paid your dues a few times over. MODS????
Perhaps you might feel differently if you were paying sponsorship fees to advertise here.

Regardless, the matter is not up for debate and posts/threads such as this and the one linked above certainly aren't helping. To all, including and especially JoeNova, please do not derail any more tech threads with this.

-Admin.

Search this Thread