PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Do I need to buy another E67 ECM

Old 06-07-2018, 03:18 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Do I need to buy another E67 ECM

So frustrated! I swear this project is snake bitten! To date I have spent over $1700 for tuning a 08 Trailblazer SS 6.0 4L70E into a 68 Camaro. Over 2 years trying to get it right. After driving the car home from this last tuner I go to pull it into the garage after shutting it off for a few minutes and I can't keep it running. It would stall every time I put it in any gear. I noticed the MIL was on so I read the codes from my HP Pro and I got P0606 and P0607. Called the tuner and he says the ECM is bad or going bad. Now, just a week before I went to take the car out and had to have it towed home because it just quit, crank but no start. Got it home and found the ECM fuse had blown. To replace the ECM would require a case relearn along with two more HP credits to load my tune. This thing is beating me up but I just want to be sure that I indeed need a new E67 ECM. This site is awesome and I'm sure there is plenty of knowledge here to suggest some direction to go with this. Thanks everyone in advance!
Old 06-07-2018, 03:37 PM
FormerVendor

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

P0606 means you need a new ecm. I would find out why the ecm fuse blew, thats not normal. Also a new E67 comes blank and will need to be flashed with SPS before hp tuners can be used on it.
Old 06-07-2018, 04:16 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

what is "SPS"? Trying to grasp this whole tuning concept. thanks
Old 06-07-2018, 06:02 PM
FormerVendor

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

The paid subscription service from GM to allow you to full flash ecm's with oem calibrations based off vin. It requires a tech 2, cardaq box or similar aftermarket setup to use SPS.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Do I need to buy another E67 ECM