Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

No TCC lockup - TCC misfire off

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2018, 10:01 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default No TCC lockup - TCC misfire off

I'm chasing a no TCC lockup issue. This is a 95' LT1/4l60E setup with 24x conversion.

I can manually lockup the converter by the controls in the VCM scanner, but never on it's own.

I tried logging all the TCC status bits. Two that catch my eye are:

TCC Ramp Exceeded (I get this soon as I start moving, but some folks have said to ignore it).
TCC Misfire Off - This is the one I keep coming back to. I'm logging all misfire counters and getting none. I've also maxed out all the misfire tables to test but that status bit comes on soon as I start the engine.

Can anyone think of other items to look at in the tune?
Old 05-21-2018, 05:53 PM
TECH Resident

Received 196 Likes on 134 Posts

How about brake switch issues? There are often 2 switches on the brake pedal.. 1 is for brake lights, the other is a TCC cancel & Cruise control cancel, switch. If there is a problem with that 2nd switch, the computer will never lock up the TCC. As a test, go out and drive somewhere safely and see if cruise control works. If my hunch is right, you will not have cruise either. You can use a decent scanner to check the status of the switch in real-time.
Old 05-22-2018, 07:12 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Kawabuggy
How about brake switch issues? There are often 2 switches on the brake pedal.. 1 is for brake lights, the other is a TCC cancel & Cruise control cancel, switch. If there is a problem with that 2nd switch, the computer will never lock up the TCC. As a test, go out and drive somewhere safely and see if cruise control works. If my hunch is right, you will not have cruise either. You can use a decent scanner to check the status of the switch in real-time.
Cruise works. I'm logging that status bit too, I see where it disables the TCC when I'm on the brake.
I'm not sure if I'm barking up the wrong tree with the misfire status bit or not,,
Old 05-27-2018, 06:48 AM
Teching In

Bump.

I'm still banging my head off the wall on this. I got another tune from a car setup very similar to mine (cam, converter, gears, etc) and copied just about everything over to a new file to test. Still no TCC lockup on it's own. But it still locks fine manually from the bi-directional controls.

Just to recap:
Logging all the TCC status bits. Misfire off and ramp exceeded are the only two that indicate they are getting in my way. Misfire counts are always at zero. All seemingly relevant DTC's are enabled. No codes are set. Cruise works fine.
Old 05-27-2018, 10:20 PM
TECH Addict

Received 202 Likes on 166 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

I had a similar issue. Mine was on a fresh built trans. In the end, I stuck a pressure gauge on it and it has very, very low pressure. Once I fixed that, it worked flawless.
Old 05-28-2018, 06:00 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by rpturbo
I had a similar issue. Mine was on a fresh built trans. In the end, I stuck a pressure gauge on it and it has very, very low pressure. Once I fixed that, it worked flawless.
Were you able to lock it up with the controls in the VCM scanner though?
Old 05-28-2018, 10:13 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 527 Likes on 357 Posts

I had the same thing go on with the first iteration of my turbo truck. p01 pcm. i rechecked the trans wiring 1000 times. i swapped computers. nothing worked. I ended up just putting a switch on it.

this year I am using a p59, did another harness and it works. go figure.
Old 06-07-2018, 09:40 PM
TECH Addict

Received 202 Likes on 166 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

Originally Posted by scoob8000
Were you able to lock it up with the controls in the VCM scanner though?
Yes I was. It was the weirdest thing. I ended up putting in a boost valve that had a O-ring in it and a new epc motor. It fixed it for months, now that its hot again, I am starting to have issues again. I am DONE with 60/65's. It's 80 time!