Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stock 5.3 swap?

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2018, 06:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Stock 5.3 swap?

I just did a 5.3 swap into a 1980 c10 for a buddy and something seems off with the tune. I've honestly never done a stock swap so I'm used to having to tune whatever swap I do for major changes. The truck fires up and runs off of the stock tune but the fuel trims were at +25 and it was running shitty. I put my wideband in and it was running lean. I added a bunch of fuel to the stock 've table and it got much better. Now I'm having to auto 've tune it as if it has mods done to it. I would have thought that a stock swap would have been good with the stock tune. The only things that have really been changed are no cats, different intake pipe, electric fan and egr/evap delete. Why would the stock tune be off by 25%? What are guys experiencing tune wise on stock swaps?
Old 06-09-2018, 11:15 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 2ktransam
I just did a 5.3 swap into a 1980 c10 for a buddy and something seems off with the tune. I've honestly never done a stock swap so I'm used to having to tune whatever swap I do for major changes. The truck fires up and runs off of the stock tune but the fuel trims were at +25 and it was running shitty. I put my wideband in and it was running lean. I added a bunch of fuel to the stock 've table and it got much better. Now I'm having to auto 've tune it as if it has mods done to it. I would have thought that a stock swap would have been good with the stock tune. The only things that have really been changed are no cats, different intake pipe, electric fan and egr/evap delete. Why would the stock tune be off by 25%? What are guys experiencing tune wise on stock swaps?

vacuum leak

Quick Reply: Stock 5.3 swap?