PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help chasing codes P0507 P0172 P0175

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2018, 10:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help chasing codes P0507 P0172 P0175

I have a 99 Formula with a stock engine 75k miles. It is hard starting no matter if its hot or cold. Probably takes 5-6 seconds of turning over before it fires. The gas pedal also seems "sticky". You have to tap the pedal hard to engage it but from there it accelerates easily. I am also getting the dreaded P0506 engine idle high as well as P0172 and P0175 bank 1 and 2 rich. It idles around 850-900 rpm and occasionally surges up to about 1000 rpm when parked.

So far I have done the following from researching here :
-Cleaned TB and MAF sensor
-Tested fuel pressure at the rail (58 psi)
-Went through the vacuum system and checked for leaks/tightened
-Took to a repair shop and had it smoked, no leaks found

Looking for advice on what to troubleshoot or replace next. I researched here vigorously and it seems I haven't seen my exact problem posted. With the surging, hard starting, and sticky pedal problems I'm hoping someone here can help me pin point this further. Thanks from Michigan, north of Detroit. I wrench more so on air cooled v-twins than cars

Sorry if this should be in the noob forum but I saw more technical questions with pcm codes here
Old 07-06-2018, 10:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Also

Also I used propane all around the intake and vacuum lines and couldn't find any possible leaks that way either
Old 07-09-2018, 05:22 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 524 Likes on 372 Posts

One thing that can cause a rich code that's over looked is the evap purge valve, if it gets stuck open it will allow fuel vapors into the engine and flood it.

The sticking gas pedal is your throttle blade sticking in the throttle body housing most likely. If you have an adjustment screw on it you need to adjust it up a hair. The easiest way to get it right is turn the screw a little and then open the throttle blade and let it slam shut, then try to rotate it, if it sticks adjust the screw more. You should be able to let the blade slam shut and it not stick. Once you get to the point it stops sticking stop adjusting it.

Quick Reply: Help chasing codes P0507 P0172 P0175