Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Share a tune?

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2018, 03:50 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Share a tune?

Would someone care to share a hptuners file with similar mods to my car? It’s a 99 trans am. A4, ls6 intake, long tubes, 3 in true duals, egr and smog delete, racetronix fuel pump, 3.23 gears.
Old 07-12-2018, 12:47 AM
TECH Resident

Received 135 Likes on 103 Posts

I've attached the .bin file from my C5Z. It has long tube headers and factory dual exhaust, which I think is 2.5" so it's not a perfect match but it's a start.

You'll need TunerPro to open it, but it's free. I'd post a link but I'm not sure that'd be allowed. You can google it though.

You'll also need the attached XDF file, and you'll have to change the file extension from .bin to .xdf after you download it.

Use TunerPro's "Select XDF" menu item to pick the .xdf file, then use File / Open to open the .bin file.

That .xdf is not a perfect match for that .bin, so if you see any tables that look like garbage, just ignore them. Most tables are correct though, and the ones the aren't right are pretty blatantly not right.

Last edited by NSFW; 07-12-2018 at 01:31 AM. Reason: link removed just in case
Old 07-12-2018, 11:56 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks! I really appreciate it. I’m currently new to tuning so I figured if someone could share some info and I can get the car going in the right direction with something to compare to, I might learn something.

Quick Reply: Share a tune?