Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stock cam/head LS1 with supercharger...base airflow tuning

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2018, 05:32 PM
TECH Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Stock cam/head LS1 with supercharger...base airflow tuning

Just wondering if anyone else has looked at their base airflow stuff while blown. I have virtually stock ls1 with a Powerdyne. I had a minor issue on colder starts where the engine would kind of stumble to life. Decided to look into it a bit further by looking over the base airflow. I have noticed that above the 133 F cell, the airflow required a hefty gain in both gear and park/neutral (auto car). The airflow values became larger but also quite a bit tighter in terms of difference from once to the next. For example when i was able to get my 90 F and 111 F section, i was able to get about 300 counts and noticed that the airflow dropped significantly, especially in the 90 F cell. Looks like car wanted around 8.3 vs the stock 11.01. Furthermore the 111 cell looked to want around 7.6 which i mean realistically I could pull all the way across to the hotter temps. (minimal difference, i believe my hot cells are around 7.3). I am wondering if anyone else has seen this or tried this. I can see the engine needing a bit more airflow due to the extra torque required to drive the blower but I figured this would carry into the colder regions as well but this is not the case.
Old 07-28-2018, 01:08 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 526 Likes on 370 Posts

Originally Posted by TPIZ92
Just wondering if anyone else has looked at their base airflow stuff while blown. I have virtually stock ls1 with a Powerdyne. I had a minor issue on colder starts where the engine would kind of stumble to life. Decided to look into it a bit further by looking over the base airflow. I have noticed that above the 133 F cell, the airflow required a hefty gain in both gear and park/neutral (auto car). The airflow values became larger but also quite a bit tighter in terms of difference from once to the next. For example when i was able to get my 90 F and 111 F section, i was able to get about 300 counts and noticed that the airflow dropped significantly, especially in the 90 F cell. Looks like car wanted around 8.3 vs the stock 11.01. Furthermore the 111 cell looked to want around 7.6 which i mean realistically I could pull all the way across to the hotter temps. (minimal difference, i believe my hot cells are around 7.3). I am wondering if anyone else has seen this or tried this. I can see the engine needing a bit more airflow due to the extra torque required to drive the blower but I figured this would carry into the colder regions as well but this is not the case.
I'm going into wild speculation here, but it sounds like you have a vacuum leak when the parts warm up. This could possibly explain why the cold temp stuff is the same, but warm conditions are different.

Quick Reply: Stock cam/head LS1 with supercharger...base airflow tuning