Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tech2 Diagnostics Question

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2018, 11:26 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Tech2 Diagnostics Question

Hopefully this is the right section to ask this.. I知 having some ABS issues with my car, and unfortunately the iPhone app I used to use to read ABS codes no longer works.. Instead of spending hundreds for my dealer to just do an ABS scan, I知 wanting to just pick up a GM Tech2 scanner.

So, what ABS diagnostic capabilities does the Tech2 have on our cars? I thought it might have the ability to read each wheel speed sensors speed independently, which would help me verify if a sensor is actually bad or not, or if there痴 a wiring issue somewhere.. but, I haven稚 touched a Tech2 since high school auto shop 10 years ago, so I'm not sure. As always, any help would be appreciated.
Old 09-10-2018, 02:57 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 527 Likes on 357 Posts

I have a china copy of the gm mdi and the software seems pretty complete for accessing the abs and airbag stuff especially with the 4th gen f bodies and c5 era vettes. I have read it doesn't work on every OS or BCM though. Honestly I'm not much of a late model guy .... I mostly do swaps and turbo ****.

but to answer your real question yes the OG GM Tech2 will point out which "channel" the faulty abs signal is coming from. allow for proper bleeding procedure and so forth.

As for live data yes I know tech2's do that but I've never used one to log data so I cant help there