Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hp tuners vs holley

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2018, 09:49 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Hp tuners vs holley

I have 24x conversion on my 95 lt1 that uses the 411 pcm from ls cars. now they offer the holley dominator that's self tuning. apples to apples witch is better as far as tuning? kind of like the idea of the holley being able to self tune any input is appreciated trying to decide stay with the 411 pcm or go with the holley setup. any dyno numbers people have seen between the two if you have used both.
Old 10-08-2018, 01:35 PM
FormerVendor

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Nothing is self tuning.
Old 10-08-2018, 01:54 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 546 Likes on 426 Posts

Originally Posted by LSX Power Tuning
Nothing is self tuning.
This is copy pasted off the holley website:
  • Industry Leading Self Tuning Fuel Strategy - means less time tuning and more time enjoying the power of your LS vehicle
what does that mean? I dont have a holley system but Ive been thinking about one.
Old 10-08-2018, 01:57 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3,022 Likes on 2,353 Posts

Self-tuning gets it in the neighborhood, BUT you still need to tune more to get it right, especially WOT.
Old 10-08-2018, 02:39 PM
Launching!

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Kfxguy
This is copy pasted off the holley website:
  • Industry Leading Self Tuning Fuel Strategy - means less time tuning and more time enjoying the power of your LS vehicle
what does that mean? I dont have a holley system but Ive been thinking about one.
It means it uses feedback from a wideband O2 sensor to adjust the VE table. This may get it in the rough ballpark a little faster, but you're still likely to want to make additional adjustments directly. Also, getting the VE table sorted is only a portion of tuning the car--you've also got to deal with ignition timing, possibly fuel injector timing, idle and throttle kicker/follower behavior, boost control and other auxiliary systems, etc. "Self tuning" VE seems like a nice idea, but you're still going to have to learn how to tune.
Old 10-08-2018, 02:50 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 546 Likes on 426 Posts

Good to know. Personally I can tackle that but for the op’s question is why I posted what I did. That is a nice feature for sure because usually dialing in a ve table is the hardest most time consuming part, for me it is anyways. All the other stuff is easy.
Old 10-08-2018, 03:20 PM
FormerVendor

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

The main fuel table is only one table. Holley can if set to use the wideband o2 sensor and adjust the fuel. You still have to have all the other tables set correctly. Your fuel table also has to be in the ball park. If you put in the time and effort you can learn to tune your holley setup easier than factory ecm IMO. We tune holley setups every week that someone bought and thought it would tune it self.