PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo

HP Tuners users heads up

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2019 | 12:07 PM
TECH Regular
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by NicD
Yup, and the people who have downloaded it and used it probably already have impending litigation notices from HPT.
Not if they used an vpn or used public internet 🤣 good luck to them though lol
Old 02-05-2019 | 12:08 PM
TECH Regular
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by fst100
and that thread magically disappeared...
Ikr. I hate the forum caved in to that. Another will pop up soon. They can't stop that show lol. Once on the internet it's there forever
Old 02-05-2019 | 04:00 PM
7 Second Club
20 Year Member

Originally Posted by ddnspider
How exactly would HPT know since its not a network license?
Think about it what is one of the ways that as a company you can protect your assets... I'll give a hint, lots of pen testing companies do it to attract the bees so to speak.
Old 02-05-2019 | 04:03 PM
7 Second Club
20 Year Member

Originally Posted by warriorpluto
Not if they used an vpn or used public internet 🤣 good luck to them though lol
Let me run a typical scenario by you.... you have no idea what is in the hacked software you just downloaded and you think that a VPN or random IP is going to hide who you are when it takes inventory and sends everything back to the source? C'mon man this is hacking 101, 90% or more of hacked software that somebody downloads has something else in it to make it worth their while cracking it.
Old 02-05-2019 | 04:13 PM
10 Second Club
10 Year Member20 Year Member

Let me run a typical scenario by you.... you have no idea what is in the hacked software you just downloaded and you think that a VPN or random IP is going to hide who you are when it takes inventory and sends everything back to the source? C'mon man this is hacking 101, 90% or more of hacked software that somebody downloads has something else in it to make it worth their while cracking it.
So hpt hacked their own stuff or hired someone else to hack their stuff to capture IPs of people who downloaded the cracked version? Seems like bad business.

But again, this all assumes your laptop of choice has an internet connection. Last time I checked you can torrent it and then install on a PC without internet access to use as much as you want. Come on man hacking 101.
Old 02-05-2019 | 04:27 PM
TECH Regular
10 Year Member

No smart person would use a program that phones homes and use their primary laptop and connect online. I know i don't. if anyone does that then they deserve what's coming to them
Old 02-05-2019 | 04:27 PM
TECH Regular
10 Year Member

I have three laptops for this precise purpose
Old 02-05-2019 | 04:35 PM
TECH Regular
10 Year Member

Most of the time its ok depending who you download from. Ive been using cracked apps over fifteen years and never had a cyber security issue. Nothing hacked into
Old 02-06-2019 | 07:37 AM
7 Second Club
20 Year Member

You are literally arguing that it's OK to steal, on a public message board none the less. You guys are awesome humans.
Old 02-06-2019 | 08:43 AM
10 Second Club

You are literally arguing that it's OK to steal, on a public message board none the less. You guys are awesome humans.
Way to assume. Please point out where exactly I said it was ok. I've simply asked questions and talked about hypotheticals. I haven't stolen anything and never said it was acceptable.
Old 02-06-2019 | 09:27 AM
TECH Senior Member
10 Year Member

You wouldnt download a car
Old 02-06-2019 | 09:28 AM
TECH Senior Member
10 Year Member

that was supposed to be in all caps
Old 02-06-2019 | 01:01 PM
7 Second Club
20 Year Member

Way to assume. Please point out where exactly I said it was ok. I've simply asked questions and talked about hypotheticals. I haven't stolen anything and never said it was acceptable.
I was replying to the guy above me and didn't address your post at all on purpose, I'm not going to argue with you about hypotheticals or the ways to try to hide yourself as that would imply some things.
Old 02-06-2019 | 02:17 PM
10 Second Club

I was replying to the guy above me and didn't address your post at all on purpose, I'm not going to argue with you about hypotheticals or the ways to try to hide yourself as that would imply some things.
"Hacking 101" also implies some things.
Old 02-06-2019 | 07:37 PM
TECH Regular
10 Year Member

Who's stealing? Anything in cyberspace is up for grabs. We are space pirates. It's been a solid twenty years. You aren't used to it by now?
Old 02-06-2019 | 07:45 PM
TECH Regular
10 Year Member

Plus hptuners has been cracked for a long time. There was always a way to get around the credit system by little hex editing on the older versions. There were tons of new people in the past couple of years upset about hptuners credit system and alot of lost money behind it with no refunds even when produced evidence. People cried to the hacking gods and the hacking gods had spoken. I knew of a couple of people working on it on the deep internet. All three released their version. Like i said, you cant stop that show. Im sure theres alot of people putting those versions to good use. I have no use for it because im not in the tuning business and only have three ls powered vehicles and have them registered legitimately.
Old 02-06-2019 | 09:21 PM
TECH Senior Member
10 Year Member

the deep internet? liek 4 chan?
Old 02-07-2019 | 12:11 AM
TECH Fanatic
10 Year Member

There is no way for HPT to locate your interface. Truckdoug had mentioned the cracked version on this thread a while ago and I asked him to take any mention of a cracked HPT down. This type of **** hurts my livelihood sort of, locals now have a cracked version of HPT and offer dirt cheap pricing while I buy/tune credits/vehicles the legitimate way. Now I don't care if its mentioned in here, as everyone already knows about it and uses it shamelessly. That is why HPT released the MPVI2, and keeps your MPVI 1 if you send it in for repairs, and ship back an mpvi2. They are trying to get rid of mpvi1s. There are other ways to bypass the credits system with 1 piece of wire, but that has nothing to do with HPT.
Old 02-07-2019 | 08:38 AM
TECH Regular
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by subeone
There is no way for HPT to locate your interface. Truckdoug had mentioned the cracked version on this thread a while ago and I asked him to take any mention of a cracked HPT down. This type of **** hurts my livelihood sort of, locals now have a cracked version of HPT and offer dirt cheap pricing while I buy/tune credits/vehicles the legitimate way. Now I don't care if its mentioned in here, as everyone already knows about it and uses it shamelessly. That is why HPT released the MPVI2, and keeps your MPVI 1 if you send it in for repairs, and ship back an mpvi2. They are trying to get rid of mpvi1s. There are other ways to bypass the credits system with 1 piece of wire, but that has nothing to do with HPT.
Sorry to burst your bubble but it works with mpvi2 as well
Old 02-07-2019 | 09:47 AM
7 Second Club
20 Year Member

"Hacking 101" also implies some things.
Correct. I've been in the infosec industry for 20+ years now and one of my jobs was pen testing, and some of the stuff I've seen nobody would believe is even possible because it reads like a movie script. People will create an exploit or hack for just about anything but it's always driven by one thing, money. If there is no money in it for them there is no reason to spend the time creating an exploit or a hack for something when they could make hundreds of thousands on one that will. You may think a hacked version of some software was created just because they are a "nice" guy (obviously tongue in cheek ethically), but that's not it and it's usually got something else attached.