PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Open Loop Tuning W/O Wide Band

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2007, 01:05 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I hear you talking, but I don't see a log!

And, you tune WOT with O2's and KR. Not fuel trims.
Old 10-14-2007, 06:40 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This thread needs to be locked and allowed to fall to the way. There is too much disinformaiton here that could confuse those that are new to the game....particularly those postings by TeamZR1.

LOOK AT THE PICTURE THAT JB POSTED IN THE THREAD THAT YOU STARTED.... it HAS THE DATA that you keep asking about, and it also shows that there are more hits in the error range than the target by about 8 to 1... it SHOWS YOU that this method is not a method at all but a mistake and you won't let it go...
Old 10-14-2007, 09:17 PM
TECH Regular

I won't let it go until I get some data.

I've asked to see "sheet 2 and sheet 3" from that, JB's, data set. Because the graph is so long and course the o2 mv range is labeled 800 then 1000. All that matters is .850-.950. If you think you so right, and you may be, put up or shut up. And more than 1 graph or pull would be a good idea to present a "factual" argument.

Wouldn't you agree?

I've posted 2 logs that show 5 pulls from 2400-6500 and the o2 readings from them.
Old 10-15-2007, 12:07 AM
FormerVendor

Hey cool, do whatever you'd like to your car. I don't care if your numbers do repeat or not in your logs, unless you are logging against wideband, anything that you are looking for outside of stoich is a waste. I have no reason to lie to you.

JB posted his results and they go right along with what I am telling you. Look at all the hits where the NBs landed at 12.8:1... the amount of hits in the same voltage range that landed somewhere OTHER than 12.8:1 grossly outweigh the number that do. Look at the picture; this is inarguable.

You don't like that set of data though, since it went against the answer you seek. I'm not even gonna say anything else about this to you, I am just concerned for the others that you may mislead, since this is a common misconception anyway.

I swear I'm done.
Old 10-15-2007, 12:55 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Widebands can be off too....

I guess I'm old school. I look at the wideband when I'm tuning, but I always pull my plugs out and look at 'em before I call my tune good. Your plugs NEVER lie...
Old 10-15-2007, 08:18 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Frost
Hey cool, do whatever you'd like to your car. I don't care if your numbers do repeat or not in your logs, unless you are logging against wideband, anything that you are looking for outside of stoich is a waste. I have no reason to lie to you.

JB posted his results and they go right along with what I am telling you. Look at all the hits where the NBs landed at 12.8:1... the amount of hits in the same voltage range that landed somewhere OTHER than 12.8:1 grossly outweigh the number that do. Look at the picture; this is inarguable.

You don't like that set of data though, since it went against the answer you seek. I'm not even gonna say anything else about this to you, I am just concerned for the others that you may mislead, since this is a common misconception anyway.

I swear I'm done.

I'd like to know what that graph is. The points are somewhere between .800 and 1.000 volts. And why are there so many points? Are these from 1 pull or 1000. A linear, time based reprisentation is what is called for. A LOG of a pull would be nice.

You may be right. I'd like to know. For sure, not an opinion. A guy did a pull this weekend and posted his log. IMO I think it is a close correlation, but it is just 1 log of 1 pull from 1 car.

http://www.ls1gto.com/forums/showthr...65439&posted=1

Post 23.

And once again. I've asked to see the data set from "sheet 1-3" of that graph.

Last edited by ericwilloughby; 10-15-2007 at 08:23 PM.
Old 10-15-2007, 08:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

why is this thread so long?
and how will you ever know you`re NB02 is correct WITHOUT a WB02?
Old 10-15-2007, 09:07 PM
TECH Regular

Getting a AFR of xx.x isn't really the goal is it. HP is the goal.
I doubt there is a HP differance in a 1 point or 1 % move in the AFR.

I never said that the WB is useless. I differ with those that say the NB is useless.
Too much of "only my way works and the rest are just stupid" around here.

I'm certain a WB is MUCH better. I wish I had one. But my $225 will be spent elsewhere, tires, groceries...., laptop, HPT, turbo....

Quick Reply: Open Loop Tuning W/O Wide Band