PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Supercharged LT1 tuning options?

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2018, 04:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Supercharged LT1 tuning options?

What (if any) are the options for tuning a OBD 1.5 LT1??? Engine is from a 95 Caddy Deville. It has a centrifugal supercharger on it and doesn't run very well.... I don't think the thing has been tuned at all and I don't think it is seeing boost.

I have read that you can tune one of these LT1s with TunerPro, but to flash the PCM you must have a seperate program like TunerCats... Can anyone confirm this?
Is there a 2 bar or 3 bar speed density setup for something like this????? I also have wondered about repinning the harness to use a 411 PCM since I am quite familiar with making that one happy with boost.... Is that an option???
Old 12-27-2018, 08:18 PM
TECH Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Tunercats. I think I have the cable laying around somewhere. It's from aldlcable. It's the 16 pin obd2 cable but its obd1.

tunercats has the definition and everything you need. 2 bar and all that I dont know. Haven't messed with it. I did a turbo impala once but I cant quite remember any particular details from it, it was awhile ago.
Old 12-27-2018, 08:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 93 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by TPIZ92
Tunercats. I think I have the cable laying around somewhere. It's from aldlcable. It's the 16 pin obd2 cable but its obd1.

tunercats has the definition and everything you need. 2 bar and all that I dont know. Haven't messed with it. I did a turbo impala once but I cant quite remember any particular details from it, it was awhile ago.
any chance of you selling your cable/tunercats?

​​​and @ElQueFør hptuners can handle it no problem. Tunerpro? I assume you are skilled in winols, hex, or rom editing? That is a very technical program imho.
Old 12-28-2018, 01:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ok this is some good info.... I believe the car in question has ECM 16196347 but I haven't confirmed that yet...

subeone,

HPTuners can do that??? But how it's OBD1, I thought HPT was OBD2 only....

I actually had my first EFI tuning experiences on TunerPro using it on mainly TBI small blocks in the past. It is a pretty complex program layout compared to HPTuners for sure..... You just load a tune file with HPT and start editing. With TunerPro you have to load the tune file AND the correct XDF (code mask) to edit the tune file. Also, gotta load up the correct ADX (datastream definition) when viewing logs.... I have a little bit of experience in hex. There is electric fan code that I have patched into several '7427 TBI PCMs and you have to enter the code patch in a hex editor of some sort.... I like HXD for a free hex editor.....
Old 12-28-2018, 07:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 93 Likes on 56 Posts

MAN I'm an idiot. Sorry. For some reason I thought gen5 LT stuff. I should have read more slowly. Tunerpro RT and tunercats can easily handle that, just make sure to have the proper XDF, and bin as I am sure youre aware. And yes correct, ADX to view logs. And awesome, it seems you have the hex and software covered. You should take care of the tuning no problem now make sure no mechanical problems lol.