Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OBD Codes: P1125 and O2S/ HTR

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2019, 08:48 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OBD Codes: P1125 and O2S/ HTR

I recently purchased a FJ60 and the truck has a 2004 5.3 Vortec swap. Since buying the 60 it has thrown the P1125 code for the accelerator position sensor about every hour after the truck gets warm. Initially a reset with a scanner will solve the problem but then after about another 15 minutes it will continue to throw this code repeatedly until the truck cools down again. Temp readings are in range so I don’t know how this is connected. I was told that the GM pedal assembly won’t fit ina 60 so this pedal assembly has been modified to work with the GM sensor. I don’t know if I’m dealing with a wiring issue, pedal assembly issue, or PCM issue. The throttle position sensor was changed as well and I did read somewhere that both sensors have to be calibrated together???? I’m leaning towards wiring or pcm because I also have O2S/ O2S HTR codes being thrown pretty regularly even after replacing the two upstream sensors (no downstreams on the exhaust). I also had to bypass the harness for the temp reading going to the pcm because there’s a short somewhere. Anybody run across these problems with a 5.3 swap?