Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2000 firebird p0446 code

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2019, 10:11 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2000 firebird p0446 code

I have a 2000 firebird ls1, I have replaced the vapor canister, purge valve, purge solenoid, fuel neck filler, fuel filter and probably more. Still getting p0446 after 50miles of driving. In NC we have to pass emissions to register the car. Just trying to find out if they are any other things I can? I did not replace the fuel pump or fuel pressure sensor on the pump. Any advice or insight would be helpful. This code will be the death of me.
Old 03-23-2019, 02:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 99 Likes on 80 Posts

I would check the Delphi connector plugs for both valves. I actually forgot to reconnect mine on the rear after pulling the fuel pump module.

Mine is a 98 however, with the rear solenoid on the front of the tank. Not sure where yours is. The one on the manifold is easy to see and connect. You did reattach the vapor hose to the throttle body?

I would drive for awhile and it would come on - for obvious reasons because the tank was was filling with fumes. On the 98's you have to disconnect the short wire harness in order to remove the fuel sender module. I simply forgot to plug it back in when re-installing the fuel sender module.