PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TPS Issues with new build

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2021, 09:17 AM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm amazed that even with the free retunes the service was so poor that you wont be working with them again. So bummed been looking forward to having them tune the stock motor for the summer then retune at some point in the future with h/c/i but honestly i think i should wait to do heads and a cam, then pony up and do a local dyno tune.

Being that i've already got it in a driving state, all emissions and auto trans stuff disabled, how much gains could one even expect to see from a scan cable tune alone if not considering all the transmission work they do...?

That last point would drive me up a wall, youre paying to have them look at then modify data that youre essentially out in the field sending in, all they have to do is modify it to how they see fit and what they cant answer your questions while in the process?? So lame.
Old 05-19-2021, 09:19 AM
Teching In

how do you like the summit cam? thats what 218/227 .525 ish? what valve springs you use? how long mileage life you think youll get with them at those low lift numbers? bb tune aside hows the low speed and driveablilty? Ive heard great things about the summit cams for the price point.
Old 05-19-2021, 11:16 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Idle speed changes every freakin time I drive it. Sometime the idle speed is nice, sometimes it just wants to pull me around at 30mph in a parking lot and I'm riding my poor brakes.

I got these springs TFS-16918-16. unsure about the lifetime of the spring.
Old 05-19-2021, 11:27 AM
Teching In

and you think thats from the blackbear tune?? damn man im sorry to hear that!!
Old 05-19-2021, 11:54 AM
Teching In

Well I had a thought on the MAP sensor. I had to use my stock 2001 MAP sensor from my stock intake. I think it's a 2 bar deal. The one that came on the 6.0 was a 3 bar I think. Maybe theres more pressure than the 2 bar can read. Other than that, I really can't find anything else I did wrong or that's not quite right
Old 05-20-2021, 09:59 AM
Teching In

Yeah of that im not sure im keeping my stock truck intake for now...you think they should know and be able to tell the map sensors from the data...they advertise they can diagnose small running issues
Old 05-26-2021, 09:00 AM
Teching In

Sorry for continuing to necro my old thread. Truck kept dying on me at idle speeds. Just drilled a hole in my TB. Runs so much better but now the idle is just a tad high. Rather that than stalling on me everytime I tap the gas lightly in a parking lot or something.

I've been chasing this abysmal gas mileage issue. I used to get 20mpg highway with this truck. Now I'm struggling to get 15mpg on a highway cruise.

I just drove halfway to South Dakota in 3rd gear averaging 65mph. I actually got more mpg out of it than if it was in drive. Like 17.5mpg. why is my gas mileage worse on OD. Wtf
Old 05-26-2021, 09:37 AM
Teching In

what tps do 5.3 to tbss guys usually use? could it be the cam timing and larger injectors giving worse mileage? 20mpg sounds really good for a tahoe i drove an 03 tahoe life 2k miles interstate once and got probably around 15

Quick Reply: TPS Issues with new build