Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dynojet wideband commander into tuner

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2019, 05:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

Default Dynojet wideband commander into tuner

How do I wire this unit into HP tuner and also use the external gauge? I wound like to see the wideband on the tuner screen.

http://widebandcommander.com/pdf/WBCInstallGuide.pdf
Old 05-07-2019, 12:32 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 177 Likes on 107 Posts

So it appears to have an analog output, so that's good. Are you using the PRO version? If so you need to connect the 5v reference from the output (out of the box) and the ground to the green plug on the MPVI, or the input on the MPVI2. If you have the standard version, you will need to do this though the AC pressure sensor or EGR, provided one of those is open and not in use on your car.

On the scanner, I see one that says Dynojet WBC and the transform for that is: (V/0.625) + 10

So in either case, however you hook that up use that transform for signal and it should work, I would assume.

There is probably a way to log the serial data through the provided software, but as of yet I do not know how to get that to jive with hp tuners since I've always just used the analog on all my widebands.
Old 05-07-2019, 08:42 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

Choperdoc thank you for replying. Yes I do have the Pro version of MPVI, I did use your video to setup VE tables, and your other comments. I will start installing this later after I get my fat *** back from the gym.
Car has not been on the street since 1996, motor was installed in 2010. Has to be the slowest mod in history but I'm retired now so I working on it.

Last edited by Tramminc; 05-07-2019 at 09:17 AM.