Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HPT 4.4 case learn?

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2019, 01:16 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 57 Likes on 47 Posts

Default HPT 4.4 case learn?

What's the trick to using CASE learn on HPT 4.4.x for LS1's? It was straight forward on 2.2 when they also had the cylinder balance option.What steps/conditions need to be met, etc.?

Thanks.
Old 08-09-2019, 12:31 PM
TECH Junkie

Bump. I've tried the instructions at the bottom of this page from a cold start but it did not work for me on HPT 4.4.2.

http://www.hptuners.com/help/vcm_sca...cmcontrols.htm
Old 08-09-2019, 03:51 PM
TECH Junkie

Worked with HP Support today. The following adjustments to their provided documentation seemed to work for me ('98 PCM) for beta 4.5, I haven't tried the modified steps with older versions. Support indicated a check engine light should turn off, but mine was turned on due to a blown engine sensor fuse and it did not reset at the end of the process. Perhaps they mean if the P335, P340 or P1336 DTC's were already set, it would clear those codes. The fuel would not cut off unless I rev’ed it before clicking Okay. The lines beginning with * are what I tweaked.

CASE Learn: To use the CASE learn function please follow these steps:
1.Ensure the engine is at normal operating temperature (ECT > 170F).
2.Put the vehicle into park (auto) or neutral (manual).
3.Turn off all accessories and A/C.
4.Turn the vehicle off.
5.Apply the parking brake.
6.Press the brake pedal. Keep the brake pedal depressed during the entire procedure. REQUIRED for successful test completion
* Manuals: Use right foot to depress right-hand side of the brake pedal, so when you release the clutch after starting the engine, your left foot can take over on the left side of the brake pedal without releasing the brake pedal.
7.Start the vehicle and let it idle.
8.Press Begin.
* There is not a Begin button. Ignore this.
* Click the Crank Relearn button, do not click okay yet.
* I waited only a couple of seconds between clicking Crank Relearn and beginning to rev the engine
9.Gradually rev the vehicle to fuel cutoff (around 4000-5000 RPM's) over a period of about 4 seconds. When fuel cuts out, immediately release the throttle.
10.Allow the engine to come back to an idle.
* Now press the Okay button
11.Turn the ignition off for at least 15 seconds. This step is required for the VCM to store the newly learned configuration.