Ls1 stalling

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2019, 09:23 PM
Woz
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ls1 stalling

Hi all,

I have an ongoing issue with my 02 Monaro. It is a 6-speed ls1 with a mafless tune, OTR, headders and exhaust.
The primary issue is stalling when under braking/ slowing down almost when the clutch is pushed in. Under load is fine and at top speed/WOT runs great, a bit lumpy idle tho.
So far i have:
Checked fuel pump for surging/dying pump but is fine (also runs great at WOT which would suggest to be fine)
Scanner on- there no codes come up
Checked fuel dampener- seems ok,
Replaced EGR valve- issue persists,
Checked operation of PCM valve- seems ok,
Checked spark plugs- tiny orange tinge but think this is from octane booster
Check for vacuum leaks with CRC/WD40- none identified,

I also have moved state otherwise would take to the original tuner for them to fix.

Any help or pointers would be greatly appreciated.
Woz
Old 07-07-2019, 09:58 PM
TECH Regular

Received 115 Likes on 76 Posts

Do you have a VSS hooked up?

Are your idle/airflow base tables for P/N and Drive the same? Lots of things can do this and I'm actually trying to run down almost the same problem. Stalls when slowing down to a stoplight after it gets warmed up. I can restart it there in traffic and it will idle fine after it is restarted. But when everything is heat soaked it will stall. That idle airflow table is where i was told to look since i dont have a VSS but im on speed density with a turbo. Supposedly its not supposed to make a difference on a setup with no MAF.
Old 07-13-2019, 03:16 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 113 Likes on 88 Posts

Your tune needs to have Brake Torque Management changed from 1 to 0. Under The VCM Editor, click System, then system options, find Brake TqMgt and change the value from 1 to 0. This is for someone that has Hp Tuners. If someone tunes your car let that person know, so they can fix the issue.
Old 08-05-2019, 04:21 AM
Woz
Teching In

Hey LetsTurboSomething,
so I checked and looks as though the tables you described are different for p/n and drive. should this be the case ?
Old 08-05-2019, 04:24 AM
Woz
Teching In

Hi SoCalDave,

I just bought my own copy of HP tuners running the latest version in the edit mode i cannot find the settings you have described. is this perhaps for an older version, i can find torque management but nothing spescifically for for brake torque management. any suggestions ?
Cheers.
Old 08-05-2019, 09:22 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 113 Likes on 88 Posts

Near the top click on on the right side that shows System:

System- under the General tab click System Options

System Options- find Brake TqMgt and change from 1 to 0 ( my Camaro is = F body).

Good luck.