Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

P0641 Code E38

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2019, 11:39 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default P0641 Code E38

So I was doing a hard pull the other week and my 2012 Camaro went into Reduced engine power, my oil pressure gauge dropped to zero, service stabiltrac ect all came on. Ran the codes and I am getting a code for the MAP, the oil pressure sending unit, and the A/C refridge pressure switch are all throwing codes. In HP tuners the MAP and the Oil Pressure are both reading maxed out sitting still. When I test the voltages on the connectors where there should be 5v I am getting battery voltage 12+v key off or on as long as the battery is connected. I have gone through and unplugged all the sensors throwing codes and monitored voltage and HP tuner readings of sensor readouts with no changes. I have pulled the harness apart looking for shorts or opens, no joy. I have cut the 5v reference from the MAP and measured the voltage coming from the PCM @ 12v. Another strange thing is the car will start and run, just in limp mode, when I shut it off even if its only on for 2 secs the electric fans run for an extremely long time after key off, but if I disconnect the A/C pressure switch the fans shut off. Also I have verified the 12V coming off the PCM where 5V should be on 2 separate PCMs. I have a factory GM harness coming today I plan on plugging in to the PCM only with grounds and checking the reference voltages to see if they go back to 5v. Anyone have anything similar happen to them or know what else I can do if the new harness doesn't appear to resolve the issue? Oh and the fuel codes are because I have a standalone fuel system there is no more FPCM

Old 08-24-2019, 01:49 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Discovered I was getting the same issue on the new harness with nothing connected other than the connector under the fuse box, the X102 , X1, and X2 connector. My tuner walkined me through looking at a few things and discovered that one of the fuel tank circuits was the issue, cut the feed to that and used some heat shrink on the leads no more codes. Good thing I have a squash fuel system already because dropping the tank on this car sucks. No more limp mode just in time for boost season.

Quick Reply: P0641 Code E38