Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My new tuning laptop

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2019, 06:49 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 601 Likes on 464 Posts
Default My new tuning laptop

No big deal, but I thought this thing was neat as hell. I’ve been using a 12” laptop mainly for my tuning. I find that it’s cumbersome and the keyboard doesn’t light up for nighttime use. So. This little jewel was a welcome addition to my collection. I say collection because I have several laptops, 15” hp, 12” hp, 10” rca tablet/laptop, 7” win book tablet, Lenovo s10. You get the point. I’ve been searching for the right thing that does everything. Well finally I came across this little bugger. 7” one mix yoga, backlit keyboard. Aluminum case. Nicely built. Check it out. I love this thing.

The following users liked this post:
G Atsma (09-01-2019)
Old 09-01-2019, 06:57 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3,146 Likes on 2,453 Posts

One mix yoga? Is that the brand or a description of something? Looks pretty cool!
Is it a touchscreen?
Old 09-01-2019, 07:05 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Haha nice purchase! I use a MacBook Pro with windows on it for hptuners. How well does that machine handle the tuning programs in terms of heat and lag?
Old 09-01-2019, 07:26 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by nty1234
Haha nice purchase! I use a MacBook Pro with windows on it for hptuners. How well does that machine handle the tuning programs in terms of heat and lag?

Heat? Haven’t noticed any. Had to tune a truck last night. Battery seems to last pretty good. Was logging wideband also. Only one thing I don’t like is it only has one full size usb so I had to use a usb hub to add more. No big deal really but my other laptop has two....but it one on each side so it can make things even more awkward. Now that I think about it, probably better this way. It don’t lag with HP tuners really. Seems like it’s a touch faster than my other laptop. It does have 8gb ram. The processor is lacking tho. I did get the base model tho. You can get the higher model for more money. I’m liking this one so much, I may end up selling and getting the higher model and use it as my main laptop. In the videos I watched in it, gaming is a little laggy unless you turn the resolution down, but it won’t matter because the graphics are super clear. Without asking my son, who is 15, the first thing he said was how clear it looked we he saw it.
Old 09-01-2019, 07:27 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by G Atsma
One mix yoga? Is that the brand or a description of something? Looks pretty cool!
Is it a touchscreen?

I guess one mix is the name brand. They are on amazon and eBay. Bout $500-$550 for the base model. When they first came out the Msrp was like $399. Price has gone up twice since I’ve been eyeballing it.
Old 09-01-2019, 07:45 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3,146 Likes on 2,453 Posts

A LITTLE pricey but not bad, especially if it does the job right!
Old 09-01-2019, 10:35 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by G Atsma
A LITTLE pricey but not bad, especially if it does the job right!
Yea it is a little pricey. And I was trying to avoid buying it because I could have spent that money on something else but after using it last night, I’m glad I got it.
Old 09-02-2019, 08:34 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the info. Might have to purchase one of these in the future as logging on my current laptop sucks with the space in my camaro.

Quick Reply: My new tuning laptop