Sponsored by:

Fried PCM in 2000 WS6?

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2019, 01:04 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fried PCM in 2000 WS6?

Hi All,
it's been a long time since I've posted on this forum so forgive me for newbie-ness...

I have a 2000 WS6 with 6-speed, and I believe that I fried the PCM in some manner. It was a dark and stormy night, and I had to jump-start the car. You guessed it!! I connected the jumper cables backwards and attempted to start the car. Uuuggggg....
Well, after shining my flashlight back under the hood I realized what I had done.

Long story short, the engine starts and runs fine, but the ABS light is on and ABS doesn't work, nor does TCS, and the Service Vehicle Soon light is on.
I have a scan tool and it's telling me that it cannot communicate with the ABS module. I took the car to a shop and their tools said the same thing, so they suggested replacing the electronic ABS control module (which I did - .ACDelco part 19302024). But the same behavior is happening. The guy at the shop suggested that the PCM will likely need to be replaced, but they wanted an insane amount of money for further diagnostics and testing.

Before having a shop conduct any further testing I wanted to do a sanity check here. Is my PCM dead? If so, I think I can get another one and have it programmed for less than the local shop wants, I hope?

Any insights would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Old 10-07-2019, 10:48 AM
FormerVendor

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

If it starts and runs I doubt its the pcm. We have them in stock and can program it to your vin with factory or custom tune if you end up needing one.
The following users liked this post:
Glenski (12-17-2020)
Old 10-17-2019, 10:32 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 912 Likes on 652 Posts

Have you checked all the fuses? If it popped one of the ABS fuses it won't communicate.
The following users liked this post:
Glenski (12-17-2020)

Quick Reply: Fried PCM in 2000 WS6?