Sponsored by:

need help with my tune

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2019, 10:52 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need help with my tune

hi all,

so this is all new to me i have never posted on any site looking for help so i apologize in advance.

anyways i just finished my build which is
1984 firebird swapped lq4 with t56 trans and 4.10 gears
the motor is a stock bore 6.0l lq4 with
ls3 heads and intake with 92mm throttle body
scat rods with arp bolts
dss racing flat top pistons with valve reliefs
BTR, LS3, Stage 3 Naturally Aspirated, Hydraulic Roller, 229 int./244 exh. Duration, 0.615 in./0.595 in. Lift, 113+4 LSA.

so i currently have the car running starts up and idles ok, i have already adjusted the base idle and airflow for the cam, so my issue atm is when the car switches to closed loop it starts misfiring and bucking in gear under load as soon as you start giving any throttle. so i commanded open loop in hp tuners and it runs pretty good to where i can actually drive the car but once i switch it back to closed loop in starts running really rough.
i attached my current tune and a data log file but i can get a better data log if needed.
so im looking for any help possible, i really appreciate any response. thank you
Attached Files
File Type: hpt
current tune closed loop.hpt (232.6 KB, 14 views)
File Type: hpl
messed up.hpl (468.7 KB, 13 views)
Old 10-14-2019, 10:30 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I haven't looked at your tune (dont have my tuning laptop with me) - but, have you adjusted your VE table?
Even in closed loop, any throttle transitions are going to refer to your VE table even if for a split second. If your VE table is far off from what it should be, you're going to get a situation where you're running very rough.
Surges/bucks are caused by lean spikes. I'd disable it all, go open loop, tune your VE.Smooth it all out. It really helps even in closed loop where you rely on O2's to keep you stoich.
Old 10-18-2019, 03:27 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 177 Likes on 107 Posts

I have some guides on this... Worth a look if you are learning. Made them for folks like yourself.

Quick Reply: need help with my tune