PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo

Turbo Car Wont Idle on 2nd Start Up of the day

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2019 | 02:27 PM
Launching!
10 Year Member

Default Turbo Car Wont Idle on 2nd Start Up of the day

I have had this issue most of the summer and I'm out of ideas on what to look for. Details on the car/issue below.

99 TA- 370, 4l80e, BWS480, 210's, Dual 450's 3 bar map on SD, e85. HP Tuners

If I start the car for the first time, whether is 90 or 40 degrees outside, the car will run and idle perfectly. I have driven the car from 5 minutes and up 2 hours straight and the car runs, stops and idles perfectly every time I come to a stop. I have done this on 20-30 occasions with no issues.

If I was to drive for 5 minutes or up to 2 hours and I shut the car off for any reason, on the next start up, the idle wants to die immediately. The car runs great, comes to a stop great and as soon as it goes to 1 MPH to zero and I stop moving, It wants to die and I have to step on it from stalling.

When its warm and having issues, I try changing some settings in HPT, do a write config, it will start, drive and idle fine. As soon as I shut it off and turn it back on, it wont idle. I installed a new TPS sensor and completed the TPS reset and nothing different.

I do not have scans but might try and get both scenarios this weekend. If anyone has heard of this off issue before, I would love to hear some ideas on what to look for.

Thank you
Old 10-12-2019 | 03:28 AM
TECH Veteran
20 Year Member

I will have to look it up on another computer, because my HPT files are not on this one, but I remember a modifier table that affects restarts. It has an extremely wide range of time that you can set it for, up to several hours. If I remember right its purpose is something about heatsoak, but it could definitely explain your issue.

Quick Reply: Turbo Car Wont Idle on 2nd Start Up of the day