PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo

Throttle body cleaning and computer

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2019 | 11:25 PM
Teching In

Default Throttle body cleaning and computer

I want to clean my throttle body tomorrow my self having problems with my bird turning off when coming to a stop not alot but sometimes and want to know if I clean the throttle do it have to reprogram it .or is that only when you take it off completely?
Old 11-02-2019 | 12:51 AM
TECH Senior Member
5 Year Member

Just clean it already.....
Old 06-14-2020 | 06:20 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by G Atsma
Just clean it already.....
I did clean it. The center blade was bent and someone drilled an oversized hole in the blade. That’s why I was trying to find someone through the LS1tech forum that may be able to tell me where I could acquire a new blade. I agree most people know you can find a replacement at a junkyard. I didn’t ask for that... I guess you just needed to share something we all know. And your other comment “just clean it” was very helpful also. Not sure how you find yourself an authority on LS engines but I’d suggest letting others that may actually understand the question to comment. I really do appreciate folks on this forum that try to help others !
Old 06-14-2020 | 11:15 PM
TECH Senior Member
5 Year Member

By my "just clean it", it should have been clear that reprogramming or tuning would be needed, as it should be the same tune as when the TB was clean. Just a bit of common sense if you think about it. Don't be so thin-skinned.

Quick Reply: Throttle body cleaning and computer