Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Engine Stall Problem

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2019, 01:02 PM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Engine Stall Problem

Frustration level HIGH... LSX 468 cid, E85 running on an 0411 PCM, speed density tune. Engine starts and runs normally but stalls out at constant throttle position at any RPM after a few seconds of run time. No codes. This happened after replacing a broken crankshaft. I have replaced the MAP sensor, CPS, 8 new injectors, engine wiring harness. All circuits verified. Pulled the engine and oil pan to verify 24T reluctor wheel run out and CPS gap ('030" gap). I have been running low impedance injectors with this setup for 4 years with no problem. The new injectors are high impedance. I suspect the injector drivers in the PCM may be damaged. My question is: Would bad injector drivers cause this stall condition? Anyone seen this before? I have ordered a noid lamp to check the drivers.
Old 11-03-2019, 01:31 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3,145 Likes on 2,452 Posts

Running low impedance injectors will damage the PCM. You started a thread about this a while back. The drivers are damaged, and might be causing the stall condition. Wasn't the previous thread resolved? I don't remember that it was.

Quick Reply: Engine Stall Problem