PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My first LS swap 6.0 4l80

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2019, 07:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My first LS swap 6.0 4l80

What’s up everyone so this is my first LS swap so I use my Escalade as a donor to plug up the computer to remove the vats I just move the module let it run for 10 minutes then I’ll hook it up to my C10 truck on fire right up once I turn it off it won’t start back up turns on for five seconds I tried it a couple times now it won’t start at all

I change the crank sensor I did an oil change I saw three little metal shavings I don’t know if that’s a bad sign I checked for grounds on the computer and power the pump was turning on and priming I checked the coils if it had power with the voltmeter still won’t turn on i’m out of ideas to check change the coolant sensor any advice would help Thanks
Old 12-01-2019, 07:08 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3,078 Likes on 2,397 Posts

Sounds like VATS was not actually deleted.
Old 12-01-2019, 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by G Atsma
Sounds like VATS was not actually deleted.
the first time I did it started right up I would drive it up and down the street but it would run like **** now the car won’t turn on ever since I hook it to the ignition switch started acting different
Old 12-01-2019, 08:17 PM
TECH Resident

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

So. was the VATS actually deleted or not?
Old 12-01-2019, 08:35 PM

Originally Posted by tfi racing
So. was the VATS actually deleted or not?
I don’t know if they were deleted but when I hook it up to my escalate truck it starts right up without having to reprogram the key . And that’s how I used the truck to remove the vats on the computer to work on my c10. So when I plug it up onto my truck it turns on . Before it used to run and turn on and off with the amazon switch . Now I wired it to the ignition switch it only fires up the first time and the second time it won’t. I don’t understand if the vats were not deleted it wouldn’t start up on my Escalade.

Quick Reply: My first LS swap 6.0 4l80