PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo

Not going into Power Enrichment (PE) Mode

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2020 | 05:43 PM
TECH Fanatic
10 Year Member

Default Not going into Power Enrichment (PE) Mode

My friend has a supercharged LS2 I just swapped into his 1972 Camaro. It came out of his 2006 GTO, which had been professionally tuned. So we yanked that PCM from the GTO and used it for the swap.

After the install, we drove around and I logged it to make sure everything was OK. Whenever he would slightly get on it though, it would pop/backfire.. and it turns out it was not going into PE mode, so was going lean in boost..very scary.. commanded lambda would always stay at 1.00

I didn't mess with the tune, but I have attached it, wondering if anyone can see what's the deal. It never did this while it was in the GTO. One thing to note- which might be major - is that in the GTO there was a methanol kit installed. In the 1972 Camaro, there is no meth kit. I just don't get why it's not going into PE mode. I don't believe a tuning shop would disable PE mode somehow just because methanol is being sprayed.

MAP is set to 75kpa, which on the scanner he was at 80kpa and still never left a commanded 1.00 lambda

Log and screen shot below. Tune and screen shot below

Thanks!

Attached Files
File Type: hpt
Cory_LS2_Camaro_Rev1.hpt (430.6 KB, 38 views)
File Type: hpl
No PE.hpl (303.1 KB, 22 views)

Last edited by TXjeepTJ; 01-07-2020 at 06:16 PM.
Old 01-08-2020 | 10:23 AM
7 Second Club
20 Year Member

That table does not directly correlate to that throttle position PID you are logging in the scanner, get into the throttle harder and it will go into PE.
Old 01-08-2020 | 10:29 AM
TECH Fanatic
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by NicD
That table does not directly correlate to that throttle position PID you are logging in the scanner, get into the throttle harder and it will go into PE.
I'm afraid if we get into it any harder it will grenade the engine. Which throttle position PID should be used? I only see % and voltage as an option to log

Thanks a lot for your help/input btw

Edit: Googling this, I see there might be a PID called "PE TPS". I'll have to see if that is an option. Just seems odd that the PCM wouldn't use normal TPS. I wonder why it uses a different TPS calc. I also read that if I don't have the PID, to just keep decreasing the PE enable TPS until it comes on when I want it to

Last edited by TXjeepTJ; 01-08-2020 at 11:45 AM.
Old 01-08-2020 | 12:15 PM
7 Second Club
20 Year Member

Originally Posted by TXjeepTJ
I'm afraid if we get into it any harder it will grenade the engine. Which throttle position PID should be used? I only see % and voltage as an option to log

Thanks a lot for your help/input btw

Edit: Googling this, I see there might be a PID called "PE TPS". I'll have to see if that is an option. Just seems odd that the PCM wouldn't use normal TPS. I wonder why it uses a different TPS calc. I also read that if I don't have the PID, to just keep decreasing the PE enable TPS until it comes on when I want it to
NONE of the Gen4 stuff references it that way, drop the PE enable TPS table down to 8 across the board for now and slowly bring it up to find your thresholds that match where you want PE to come on and don't just utilize the MAP enable table. Just be aware that your MAP enable being set to 75 kpa will be the main control with it set to 8 across the board at that point.
Old 01-08-2020 | 12:56 PM
TECH Fanatic
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by NicD
NONE of the Gen4 stuff references it that way, drop the PE enable TPS table down to 8 across the board for now and slowly bring it up to find your thresholds that match where you want PE to come on and don't just utilize the MAP enable table. Just be aware that your MAP enable being set to 75 kpa will be the main control with it set to 8 across the board at that point.

Thanks for your help!

Quick Reply: Not going into Power Enrichment (PE) Mode