Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help with PCM swap, 0411 to P59

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2020, 12:44 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Help with PCM swap, 0411 to P59

So I've researches and read through countless pages but I still haven't got the clean cut answer I'm looking for. My car is an 02 WS6, M6, 3-bar map sensor with the factory 0411 PCM. It's been tuned to run on e70 but I am installing a flex fuel sensor so I don't have to worry about the ethanol content at the pump.

I just purchased a 12586243, drive by wire PCM that will work. Some people say just trim the Red connector on the factory harness and plug it into the P59 PCM and you are ready for tuning. How true is this? I won't personally be doing any tuning. I have a shop a couple hours away I'm taking it too. The last thing I want is to show up and have them tell me I should have re-pinned the whole Red connector to a Green connector. Is this "plug and tune" or is there anything that needs re-pinned other than the flex fuel sensor? I've read about the M6 reverse lockout not working, which I can fix later. Also some say that a resistor needs installed for the tachometer to read properly and the O2 heaters will throw a code. Thanks.
Old 03-31-2020, 01:17 PM
TECH Addict

Received 202 Likes on 166 Posts

The tach will 99% need a pull up resistor to work. Unless you can delete vats, then either you will have to trailer the car or drive it like it is. My point is, you can't rewire anything if you have to drive it. The O2 sensors can be tuned out. IF you can delete vats, do so, grind off the tab and throw it in and see what works and what doesn't. I can't say about the M6 issues, I have a swapped vehicle and a 80e.
You can't really say what or how a tuner will react, they are all different. Some could care less, some think everything should be a specific way. Every tuner is different, and tune differently.
Old 04-01-2020, 01:48 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rpturbo
The tach will 99% need a pull up resistor to work. Unless you can delete vats, then either you will have to trailer the car or drive it like it is. My point is, you can't rewire anything if you have to drive it. The O2 sensors can be tuned out. IF you can delete vats, do so, grind off the tab and throw it in and see what works and what doesn't. I can't say about the M6 issues, I have a swapped vehicle and a 80e.
You can't really say what or how a tuner will react, they are all different. Some could care less, some think everything should be a specific way. Every tuner is different, and tune differently.
Thanks for the advice. I guess I'll just have to make a decision if I want to attempt a re-pin or just grind the tabs and hope for the best. Either way, it's probably best trailer the car down there.

Quick Reply: Help with PCM swap, 0411 to P59