PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo

VE tuning - with turbo

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2020 | 07:36 AM
9 Second Club
10 Year Member

Default VE tuning - with turbo

I知 sure this has been answered so sorry for the repeat question but I did not feel confident with the answers I had found. Oh and I知 new but learning fast.

I set the system up in Speed density mode and have my AFR err table created.

Was able to get my afr to 14.7 thru the initial RPM range while in non-boost. Oh and my PE is configured to not kick in.

I then added VE from 90 to 150 KPA up to my RPM range to see what a little boost felt like and how the afr reacted. All good, afr in the 12.2 to 11.5 range and it felt okay, probably a little lazy because I have a ton of timing pulled to be safe.

Here is my question, what should I do now? I can稚 tune my VE in boost since my PE is basically off. Is the next step to configure my PE to on and keep tuning? Also what happens to my AFR error graph, will it recognize PE adjustments to commanded AFR?

looking for any advice before I just get in and fumble my way thru it.

Old 04-09-2020 | 08:02 AM
10 Second Club
20 Year Member

It sounds like you're on the right track. Time to turn on PE. The NA WOT RPM area of VE is tuned for pre-boost region, then you start tuning WOT boost and just work your way up to higher boost levels/map of the VE.
Old 04-12-2020 | 09:33 PM
TECH Veteran
20 Year Member

Technically, if you stay in open loop there is no need for PE, you just deal with AFR through the VE table. This is not to say that is what you should do, of course. It is time to turn on PE. If you are using HPT or EFIlive with a proper wideband and properly setup logging, then your commanded AFR is what will be used for AFR error calculations. If you do not have your logging setup correctly, then all bets are off as to what random **** may be calculated.

Quick Reply: VE tuning - with turbo