Sponsored by:

p0327 - knock sensor low voltage

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2020, 06:26 PM
Launching!

Received 31 Likes on 27 Posts

Default p0327 - knock sensor low voltage

the code is for bank 1

so i've search the internet all over and found a lot of info but i have one specific question. does this code only come on when there is a problem with the knock sensors or wiring? or does it come on when they see knock or think they are seeing knock?

basically i started getting this code after i installed long tubes and got mail order tune at the same time...

i found a couple spots where the headers / exhaust was hitting something and fixed those issues but the code comes back basically right away....

1. i believe when i bought the car it had a tune on it because the transmission shifted very firm compared to a stock 4l60e... its possible that the previous tune had the knock sensor code turned off because they were not working correctly and instead of taking intake off and replacing they simply turned off when they got the tune? basically the knock sensors and/or wiring is bad.

2. the exhaust is extremely loud... its long tubes no cats no res, SLP loudmouth (straight through) muffler... is it possible the very loud cracking out of the exhaust could set these off? seems like it wouldn't but i'm trying to figure out all possible avenues.

3. something wrong with tune. i have torque pro but i'm waiting for another obd2 bluetooth adapter to come in mail... i lost my other one... i can't see what the timing is doing until i get that it should be here tomorrow... it seems unlikely because i have used PCM4LESS several times and never had any problems like this.

4. exhaust hitting in some other place???

5. i just put in new plugs, they were gapped a lot tighter out of the box than the ones i removed... i believe they were around .035. they looked to be .050+ when i took the old ones out. the plugs are the NGK ones you would get at oreillys. i read somewhere that someone had this problem with certain plugs?

i need help figuring this out, it pulls a lot of timing when the SES light is on, and its hurting performance and fuel mileage....
Old 02-14-2020, 06:43 PM
Launching!

oh there is one more thing.

6. i used engine degreaser and a hose on the engine 2 or 3 times... i've done this on every other LS1 car ive ever had and never had any problems... but i read that using hose could get water under intake and mess up the knock sensor??? seems kinda ridiculous
Old 02-14-2020, 07:29 PM
Staging Lane

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by random-strike
oh there is one more thing.

6. i used engine degreaser and a hose on the engine 2 or 3 times... i've done this on every other LS1 car ive ever had and never had any problems... but i read that using hose could get water under intake and mess up the knock sensor??? seems kinda ridiculous
I've seen it a handful of times. On my own swap my new front knock sensor was corroded in just a couple of months after washing the engine. I only did it once after right after the swap. It might be time to pop the intake off and check the sensors. If it is water that caused your problems you'll see lots of moisture under the plugs and very corroded sensors. Did you do a resistance check?
Joe
Old 02-14-2020, 07:39 PM
Launching!

I haven't done anything yet.

I bought two gm acdelco sensors and a wiring harness and some intake manifold gaskets ..

I'm going to replace but I'd like to figure out what all could be wrong since I've seen lots of ppl say code comes back after all new stuff
Old 02-23-2020, 01:14 PM
Launching!

Put new sensors in and new harness.

Now both throw codes what a peice of ****.

On the torque app I can see I'm getting 4kr at wot....
Old 02-23-2020, 01:15 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by random-strike
Put new sensors in and new harness.

Now both throw codes what a peice of ****.

On the torque app I can see I'm getting 4kr at wot....
And I secured the wires so they wouldn't get crushed
Old 02-23-2020, 01:15 PM
Launching!

I think the cheap headers are setting off the knock sensors.

I'm either going to disable them or turn the sensitivity way down....
Old 02-24-2020, 03:21 PM
Launching!

when the exhaust cracks really loud i get 4.0 KR lol

Old 03-03-2020, 09:24 PM
Launching!

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Did you torque them to the proper specs?
Old 04-14-2020, 02:59 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Smitty454
Did you torque them to the proper specs?
Hey sorry I didn't see reply until now.

I used hptuners to turn off the knock sensors.

The exhaust is hitting really bad on the floor somewhere

I backed the timing down to 26 max and let er rip

Quick Reply: p0327 - knock sensor low voltage