Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Check my tune

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2020, 08:46 PM
Teching In

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Check my tune

New to hp tuners and I had someone else program my tune for me and I want some help checking things over to make sure things look good. Its an all stock 5.7 and 4l60e from a 02 firebird. I believe he tuned out all the torque management but not completely sure? If it is all programmed out I would like to set it @ 50% less than stock setting, but I'm not sure what to change. Any help or guidance is much appreciated, hopefully I uploaded file properly.
Attached Files
File Type: hpt
olmsted auto tune(original).hpt (229.1 KB, 30 views)
Old 04-17-2020, 02:09 PM
Teching In

I did some searching and found a stock tune for 02 camaro from hptuners, I downloaded it and compared it to my tune and except for torque management it looked to be identical. So I took the stock torque management settings and plugged them into my tune and reduced by 50% and programmed my ecm. It still felt like it shifted strong but checking data logs looks to be dropping some timing during shifts @ wot, which is exactly what I wanted to help stock transmission with 100k on it survive. I don't drive this car much so I believe this should be allright running @ 50% torque management. I would appreciate some feedback from others if I should add all torque management back in or leave it as is, thanks.
The following users liked this post:
G Atsma (04-17-2020)
Old 04-17-2020, 03:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 177 Likes on 107 Posts

I also looked at your tune. Can confirm. Looks pretty stock minus torque management. Since it's the 4L60... It's not really a question of if, it's when. Don't push to much power to it and it should last a while though. I went through 5 of them before swapping to 80 finally lol.
Old 04-17-2020, 04:56 PM
Teching In

Thanks for checking. I definitely dont want to go through trannys. Im not going to mod the engine, leaving it stock. Do you recommend putting all torque management back in to be safe or leave it half out?
Old 04-17-2020, 05:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 177 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by 2knight
Thanks for checking. I definitely dont want to go through trannys. Im not going to mod the engine, leaving it stock. Do you recommend putting all torque management back in to be safe or leave it half out?
If it's completely stock why not just run the stock tune? It's the most reliable. Thing is most folks here can't run a stock file lol.
Old 04-18-2020, 09:05 PM
Teching In

Ya its hard to hold back the urge to go a little quicker! But I am taking peoples advice and putting stock tq mgmt back in the tune. Thanks for good advice
Old 04-22-2020, 09:39 PM
Teching In

Allright guys I have a problem that I think is in the tune somewhere, I took it for a wot run today 1st gear went fine shifted right @ 6k, but pulling through 2nd real strong hit about 5,300 rpm and loses all power until I back off, tried it again manually shifting it in 2nd and leaving it there and same thing it loses 100% power @ 5300 rpm. Fuel pressure stays constant @ 61 but air fuel ratio immediately goes all the way lean so the computer has to be cutting out all the fuel. I thought the rev limiter just cut spark and not fuel? I was looking over tune closely and noticed that under Engine, Fuel, Cutoff/DFCO, Rpm limits- Rpm is set @ 42 & Rpm restore is set @ 50. Can someone tell me what that means? Im thinking it would cut off fuel @ 42 rpm and how would it be able to restore @ 50 being its a higher setting? Did this get thrown in my tune by mistake and possibly cause my issue or is this set correctly? or should I set it to 6200 & 6150.
Old 05-09-2020, 09:18 PM
Teching In

Update. It does cutout in 1st & 2nd gear wot above 5k. It didnt do it the first time I took it out and ran it hard so something has to have started failing. I programmed rpm 6200 & restore 6199 so that should be good. I tried a rebuilt gm maf sensor and still cuts out but fuel pressure is good. I unplugged the maf and no changes but check engine light didnt come on driving with it unplugged so Im thinking its a bad ecm due check engine light not always working during the bulb test. I started another post that includes a scan file when it cuts fuel.
Old 05-26-2020, 05:25 PM
Teching In

Problem solved! Intake was too restrictive and it cut fuel at same time making it seem like a fueling issue but datalogs showed map & maf readings dropping off same time engine power cut out.
Old 05-26-2020, 05:45 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3,109 Likes on 2,424 Posts

Where was it restricted?
Old 05-26-2020, 07:00 PM
Teching In

I used airbox and filter from roadmaster with 5.7 engine. I had to increase the hole size in box and ordered kn filter. The rubber intake hose was collapsing in on itself in the upper rpms because it wasnt moving enough air through the airbox. I guess those wagons didnt get above 5k lol.
The following 2 users liked this post by 2knight:
G Atsma (05-26-2020), M6 Swap (05-27-2020)

Quick Reply: Check my tune