Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Segment swap

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2020, 02:43 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Segment swap

I have a flex fuel file that works in my 2000 camaro with p59 but gives an ABS code because the ebcm is not receiving the correct signal from the pcm for spark retard. The base engine segment says 2005 ctsv. The ctsv has torque management and i believe thats why its not working. If i check the pcm pinout for this vehicle it does to have the tcc spark retard pin. I have been trying to find a m6 segment swap that will give me the correct pin out. The os is 12592618
Old 04-28-2020, 07:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 177 Likes on 107 Posts

Pretty sure this has more to do with the signal, as in Class II data vs earlier models... I want to say this change occurred in 1999... but... I could be wrong, and there are some differences up all the way to 2002. So, I would say it may be worth looking at your ABS module itself, because that might not be getting the correct type of signal from the PCM, since it’s simply not designed to work with a P59.

What I say all that to say, is I have had the exact same issue for a similar reason, because I have a P01 swap in a 98. However, it does not throw an ABS code, but rather the ASR light which is the traction control. It’s because of the data link not being class II. The fix is simple though... buying a used ABS module that was designed to work with that PCM. Thats probably the more viable solution honestly. I’m not sure this is something you can tune out... but still worth a shot no doubt.

Also, the ABS module is a BCM component... so that’s another issue entirely. I’ve never done a P59 into an F car before, so much of this is educated speculation lol.
The following users liked this post:
B52bombardier1 (04-28-2020)
Old 04-29-2020, 01:05 AM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well u get a c2039 code which is the traction retard code and also a u1000 code wich is the class 2 non-communication code

Quick Reply: Segment swap