Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

No license? Can't tune

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2020, 10:10 PM
Launching!

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Default No license? Can't tune

I bought a tuner last year. I didn't do any tuning just logging.
i got the engine and trans back in and went to fire it yesterday.
I had my buddy write a start up the tune with the segment work done for the 80.
I went to write the tune into my PCM and it said I don't have the license for it. I went to the hptuner site and for the code and all that jazz. On the site it says i have two credits, but it wont let me write.

Side note. It fired on my old tune and with open headers it sounded like 47000 horses lol

What am I missing?
Old 06-22-2020, 11:52 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hey Fah Cue,

The website will show total number or credits purchased but not what you currently have available. To get a better idea of your credits open the software and click the blue circle with an "i" in it near the top of the window and then click it once again in the window that opens. This will show how many credits you have available and will also show any licenses that are on the device.

If you believe you have sufficient credits on the device and are not able to license your vehicle please reach out to our support team using the contact tab on our website and they will be able to troubleshoot the issue with you to see what is going on.
Old 06-23-2020, 01:53 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 913 Likes on 653 Posts

If you are using the older MPVI1 I've had that happen a lot.

When you asks you to license it, select license it. When it goes to the next screen, it sees you have already licensed it.

Also make sure you are using the correctapplication key, if you are using the MPVI1
Old 06-26-2020, 08:45 PM
Launching!

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by HPTuners
Hey Fah Cue,

The website will show total number or credits purchased but not what you currently have available. To get a better idea of your credits open the software and click the blue circle with an "i" in it near the top of the window and then click it once again in the window that opens. This will show how many credits you have available and will also show any licenses that are on the device.

If you believe you have sufficient credits on the device and are not able to license your vehicle please reach out to our support team using the contact tab on our website and they will be able to troubleshoot the issue with you to see what is going on.

Thanks for the quick reply. I figured out what the problem was. I did in fact use the two credits I had when I read the tune. Even though my tuner used my original tune and made the changes to it, I swapped to a 80e and he had to change the OS.
Just got home from the road. I'll get the credits tonight and write the pcm tomorrow.
Hopefully get this turd running

Originally Posted by LilJayV10
If you are using the older MPVI1 I've had that happen a lot.

When you asks you to license it, select license it. When it goes to the next screen, it sees you have already licensed it.

Also make sure you are using the correctapplication key, if you are using the MPVI1
I have a mpvi2. When I was looking through the hptuner site, I did see that topic a few times.
I resynced my device, redownload the software. Nothing was working untill we realized what it was lol.
The following 2 users liked this post by Fah Cue:
G Atsma (06-26-2020), LilJayV10 (06-26-2020)
Old 06-26-2020, 08:56 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 913 Likes on 653 Posts

I'm glad you got it figured out. I haven't seen that problem with the MPVI2, but I haven't tuned very many cars with it either.

That makes sense with him changing the OS.

Thank you for letting us know what the issue was.

The following users liked this post:
G Atsma (06-26-2020)

Quick Reply: No license? Can't tune