PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help w/ transient fueling. chasing commanded AFR

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2021, 03:31 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 648 Likes on 498 Posts

lean under little or no load id fine...youll know when its too lean...it'll buck. I turned off dfco while tuning mine and had to play with it for a while to get it not not go rich while letting off he gas and coasting. if you havent used Real time tuning, i'd recommend trying it out.
Old 05-26-2021, 08:54 PM
On The Tree

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by smokeshow
It is harmless in terms of engine health. The only thing it does it cause excess emissions. That entire bright green 'arc' in the first pic there...don't make any changes for those errors. They are not real. You're better off keeping DFCO enabled so it stays out of closed loop and doesn't populate those areas with trim values.
Haha well damn I would have probably left it alone if I would have gotten this feedback before I jumped down the rabbit hole. I've made enough progress to where I'm interested in investing a bit more time to see how it all pans out. I'll consider turning DFCO back on to see how it goes.

Originally Posted by Kfxguy
lean under little or no load id fine...youll know when its too lean...it'll buck. I turned off dfco while tuning mine and had to play with it for a while to get it not not go rich while letting off he gas and coasting. if you havent used Real time tuning, i'd recommend trying it out.
Cool. Admittingly I considered RTT but got too eager and just started to log/adjust/write calibration. I'll have to look into it again as I do think it'll save me a bunch of time.

Quick Reply: Help w/ transient fueling. chasing commanded AFR