PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Holley Terminator x max mid/high rpm issues

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2021, 03:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Holley Terminator x max mid/high rpm issues

I currently have a holley Terminator x Max running on my 5.7 litre ls1 with stock cam, I am running a L98 manifold with spacers to suit the cathedral port heads. This is so that I can use the fly by wire throttle body on my swap.
I am also using the stock l98/ls3 injectors and running them at 60 pounds. The throttle body works and is really responsive with the electric pedal and the engine starts and idles fine, It also runs decently on acceleration however as the revs get to 4000 it wants to drop power and usually generates a fair bit of smoke making me think that it is running rich. I'm not quite sure why its going rich but I'm pretty sure its got something to do with closed loop as it has heaps of variation around where the engine starts to run lean. if anyone has any idea where I should start trouble shooting that would be great. I have put new spark plugs and leads on, checked compression and also checked for intake manifold leaks. I have made sure that the 02 sensor is installed properly with at least the minimum amount of exhaust pipe after the sensor. I also have a spare fast 102 manifold with cable throttle body that I could use to find out if the problem is in the fly by wire set up.

Quick Reply: Holley Terminator x max mid/high rpm issues