PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

help read log file Do i have a bad sensor?

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2021, 01:30 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help read log file Do i have a bad sensor?

I need some help, everyone. Im trying to figure out my stalling issue. The car simply just stalls with no codes and it usually starts back up within 1 min. One time i noticed the revs hung at about 2k RPM the car still seemed like it was running but throttle does nothing and pressing the brakes usually kills it completely. Ive checked fuel pressure on two separate occasions and once it was at zero (making me think fuel pump, again) and another time it was at 60. I've changed fuel pumps numerous times with the most current being less than 6 months old and the fuel filter is less than a year old.

I should add the car is a 98 ls1 camaro with a c5 fuel filter conversion. ( which always seems to read high at 65-70psi while running and I've checked the lines for kinks)

Fuel consumption has been pretty bad for a while now, worse than normal from 18ish to now 14ish. I hoping it cant be the fuel pump yet again and I'm looking at possible sensors. So i started doing some logging using torque app. i hope i got all the useful sensors.

I was hoping to get some more eyes on the log file incase someone sees something obviously wrong. I'm a bit suspect at the TPS sensor because sometimes it doesn't seem to register small slight stabs that should take it to about 3-10% throttle. Sometimes it also shows 0.39 when im off the pedal which i would think is fine cuz it should still be slightly open? but then other times its a hard 0. so not sure if the hard zero is a sign of failing.

I was also looking at the MAP sensor but now i dont think its bad because it goes to 14.6 when the car stalls and is less than that when running in all other RPMs. Which should be fine if my understanding is correct.

I noticed it also typically runs lean and dumps a bunch of fuel right before it stalls.

Ive cleaned the MAF sensor and throttle body. Although i feel like the back of one of the MAF wires (intake manifold side) is still unacceptably dirty but i didn't want to touch it with anything.

PS : its easy to narrow down where it stalls because the voltage drops from 13 to 12 (last column).
What do you guys think is going on?

ALL ideas welcome
PLEASE HELP!
Attached Files
File Type: csv

Last edited by Kokomastah; 06-18-2021 at 03:32 AM.

Quick Reply: help read log file Do i have a bad sensor?