Holley Terminator X Parallel with factory pcm install

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2023 | 09:15 AM
11 Second Club
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by trodo302
Does anyone sell a harness for Terminator X into a F body
2 that I had found. Might be others...
Jolt Performance and Current Performance.

When I got my X Max, I didn't want to lose my factory speedometer or gas gauge, but both of those places advertised anywhere from 4-8 week wait for a harness. That wasnt going to work for me. I also didn't feel $1200 was a realistic cost for my project, as it put the whole Terminator budget out the window.

I simply used a Current Performance VSS and a Crank Sensor "splitter".
Simple plug-in harness adapters that allow my factory ECU to still control my speedometer, tachometer, gas gauge, and fuel pumps.
That route cost me roughly 60 bucks, and the splitters took less than a week to arrive.

I also used a Current flex fuel sensor/alternator plug-in harness, which plugs right into the Holley harness.

Since I have HPTuners, I "turned off" all sources of my CEL being turned on.

No regrets of the way I did it, and entire harness is hidden (simply tucked back under the gigantic windshield, lol), but 100% intact if I ever sell the car or go back to stock-ish at some point.

Also, I chose to solely use Holley for my oil pressure and coolant temperature connections. Some run a 2nd sensor to allow stock cluster to show temp or oil.pressure, but I chose not to.

Old 07-15-2023 | 10:25 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by trodo302
Does anyone sell a harness for Terminator X into a F body
Doesn;t the TermX come with an entire new engine harness for the LS?
The following users liked this post:
G Atsma (07-15-2023)
Old 07-17-2023 | 11:07 AM
9 Second Club
20 Year Member

Originally Posted by BigBoyWS6
Doesn;t the TermX come with an entire new engine harness for the LS?

Yes but its just a standalone harness. Its not made to plugin or work with any factory vehicle.
Old 07-17-2023 | 09:59 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by minytrker
Yes but its just a standalone harness. Its not made to plugin or work with any factory vehicle.

Right, so the harness it comes with operates all engine sensors, coils, TPS, IAC, IAT, Coolant temp sensor, transmission sensors, etc….

So you can leave the factory PCM to operate your entire factory gauge cluster…..correct?
Old 07-18-2023 | 03:42 PM
9 Second Club
20 Year Member

Originally Posted by BigBoyWS6
Right, so the harness it comes with operates all engine sensors, coils, TPS, IAC, IAT, Coolant temp sensor, transmission sensors, etc….

So you can leave the factory PCM to operate your entire factory gauge cluster…..correct?
You will have to piggy back the factory pcm and run dual coolant temps sensors if you wanted to to that, no plug n play option. We just prefer to install a holley 6.86 or 7 screen and use it over a 20+yr old cluster thats not very accurate anyways.
Old 07-18-2023 | 04:30 PM
TECH Regular

You will have to piggy back the factory pcm and run dual coolant temps sensors if you wanted to to that, no plug n play option. We just prefer to install a holley 6.86 or 7 screen and use it over a 20+yr old cluster thats not very accurate anyways.
I just like the factory speedo. Plus I have a Granitelli 200mph speedometer layover that’s perfectly calibrated and designed to look like factory. I know the temp guage isn’t spot on but it doesn’t need to be, it just needs to let you know if it’s getting hotter than the normal temp position. Gas is spot on and bolts are spot in. Rpm is also perfect.

Those Holley screens are very cheesy looking in my opinion. Just trying to keep it all factory looking.
Old 10-08-2023 | 12:04 PM
Teching In

I have a jolt harness and I am running a terminator x, can anyone tell me when running a turbo system, do you only need the wideband 02 connection? and just delete the factory bank to bank 02 sensors?
Old 10-08-2023 | 01:52 PM
11 Second Club
10 Year Member

The factory O2 sensors will no longer do (control) anything.
What I did was simply use my HPTUNERS to "turn off" everything that caused a Check Engine Light.
Old 11-13-2023 | 04:06 AM
Teching In
10 Year Member

anyone know if Jolt is still in business i called several times and also emailed and facebook Pm, still no answer, really getting frustrated with this guy i spent. so much money on his harness that didnt work and i feel i got ripped off.

Old 11-13-2023 | 08:01 PM
Teching In
10 Year Member

if there is anyone that can help me hook up the terminator to my existing harness that would be great,i have a 2001 Trans am Manual
Old 01-09-2024 | 11:05 AM
10 Second Club

So the 7 inch screen does EVERYTHING the cluster does including the gas gauge and volts?

Old 01-09-2024 | 11:13 AM
9 Second Club
20 Year Member

You have to wire the fuel gauge to one of the inputs to the screen and configure it in the screen itself for the fuel gauge. All your engine data or anything connected the holley ecm can be sent to the screen through through the can bus with no additional wiring. On dominator ecm's we wire the fuel gauge to ecm as input but terminator x we wire it to the screen it self.

Quick Reply: Holley Terminator X Parallel with factory pcm install