u0107 after writing tune

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2022, 08:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default u0107 after writing tune

2006 Chevy Silverado 2500 6.0 LQ4
212/216 112LSA Cam and springs
P59 ECU using HPTuners

After writing any tune to the vehicle, (whether it was the stock tune or a custom tune), it drops a check engine light and flashes "reduced engine power".
After reading and clearing the DTC's for the U0107 loss of comm to throttle, everything runs fine. I read somewhere that this may just be that as it's writing, the TAC loses power and therefore loses comms to the ECU. I cannot find that forum anywhere now and want to make sure this isn't something deadly and that I don't need a new TACM.

Also may be time for a new battery when I can afford it next. Could a bad battery be the cause or is this just as mentioned above?

Finally, could this be solved by just changing it to set MIL on second error? Otherwise every time I write a tune, I have to connect and clear the DTC in VCM Scanner.
Old 10-05-2023, 04:31 PM
TECH Resident

Received 37 Likes on 34 Posts

When I was told that going through the VE table to change parameters will be in immediate fail

in my case, he decides the chip and change parameters outside the VE table however, according to what you said, it would’ve changed the CVN anyway in the vehicles computer
Old 10-06-2023, 01:33 AM
TECH Resident

Received 135 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by _bop
After writing any tune to the vehicle, (whether it was the stock tune or a custom tune), it drops a check engine light and flashes "reduced engine power".
After reading and clearing the DTC's for the U0107 loss of comm to throttle, everything runs fine. I read somewhere that this may just be that as it's writing, the TAC loses power and therefore loses comms to the ECU. I cannot find that forum anywhere now and want to make sure this isn't something deadly and that I don't need a new TACM.
I ran into this a lot when developing PCM Hammer. That's why the last step of PCM Hammer's reflash process is to clear all of the trouble codes.

It's not that the TAC loses power, it's that the PCM stops talking to the TAC while the flash is underway, and that makes the TAC think that the PCM has died.

It surprises me that you're running into this issue, because I strongly suspect that HPTuners clears the trouble codes at the end of their reflash process as well. But communication on the vehicle bus is not super reliable, so you might have another module on the bus that's interfering with that step.

If you really want to get to the root cause you could try pulling fuses to cut power to other modules. I think there's a good chance that this problem will disappear when one of them is switched off that way. But I have no idea which one. I don't even know how many there are.

Or you could just keep on clearing codes after a flash. There's no harm in it.

Quick Reply: u0107 after writing tune