PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo

Codes turned off in tune, but still came up (and now PERMANENT..)

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2022 | 12:41 PM
TECH Fanatic
10 Year Member

Default Codes turned off in tune, but still came up (and now PERMANENT..)

This is for an LS Swap. Bought a PCM and had it tuned by a company I got the wiring harness from (remove vats, pair PCM w/ TCM, remove other DTCs not needed for LS Swap), they removed certain codes. At initial startup, a bunch of codes popped up.. I was able to clear them, but some kept coming back as temporary, and now they are permanent. A few of these codes were not turned on in the tune, I'm wondering how in the world are they still throwing a code??

I checked with another scanner (hand held) and the codes are still there, so it's not just the HPTuners scanner showing this. It's also throwing P1915, but I double checked that the shifter deal was inserted properly into the nub of the selector.. not sure why that is popping up..

Example: P0315 - Crankshaft position system variant code is turned off in PCM, no error reported and unchecked SES Enable. But it still came up. Same for the P057C, turned off in PCM, but popping up still when scanned. Same for P057C, turned off completely in tune, but still showing when scanned.

Old 08-05-2022 | 03:12 PM
9 Second Club
20 Year Member

https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...nd-VCM-Scanner

Old 08-05-2022 | 03:25 PM
TECH Fanatic
10 Year Member

Thanks for the info, but I'm just curious as to why, if it's turned off in the tune, is the PCM even reporting it? I've read to avoid the permanent DTC, you need to ensure it is turned off in the tune before it occurs - but looks like it was turned off before it occurred, but still pushed the code through
Old 08-05-2022 | 08:07 PM
TECH Fanatic
10 Year Member

Well good new, I was able to drive the car about 30 miles and all the codes went away except for one.. just weird that they are tuned out but still came up.

Quick Reply: Codes turned off in tune, but still came up (and now PERMANENT..)