PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What ecu for 6.0L, 4L65E and DBC.

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2023, 11:01 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default What ecu for 6.0L, 4L65E and DBC.

What ecu and base file should I start with for an LQ9 with a 4L65E and drive by cable? Bp automotive wiring harness with the 4 flat o2 sensors they recommend. Looking for what ecu I should use and what base file I should look for.
i already have the truck built and up and running so I’m just trying to find the right stuff to use.
Old 07-24-2023, 12:49 PM

Received 424 Likes on 323 Posts

The basic "411" PCM should be fine. Some ebay sellers of PCMs could probably put a reasonable tune in it for you. This is good if you don't have HP Tuners.
But then you say "up and running" which implies you already have a PCM on it. So not sure what you are really asking.
I recently purchased a $190 LS1 harness for a swap and I was impressed by the quality of the connectors and overall harness.
Give us more info and you will get a better answers.
Old 07-24-2023, 02:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 138 Likes on 108 Posts

if you are able to flash the ECU yourself, there are many stock files on the gearhead-efi forum.

0411 (red/blue) would be a great start for a drive by cable swap, but if you already have the harness you're constrained by that.
Old 07-25-2023, 10:38 AM
8 Second Club

Received 700 Likes on 441 Posts

Originally Posted by mrvedit
The basic "411" PCM should be fine. Some ebay sellers of PCMs could probably put a reasonable tune in it for you. This is good if you don't have HP Tuners.
But then you say "up and running" which implies you already have a PCM on it. So not sure what you are really asking.
I recently purchased a $190 LS1 harness for a swap and I was impressed by the quality of the connectors and overall harness.
Give us more info and you will get a better answers.
I would have sent you your old harness back Ted. I never ended up using it….😊

Quick Reply: What ecu for 6.0L, 4L65E and DBC.