Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tune emissions and air system out

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2023, 05:56 AM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Tune emissions and air system out

I’m trying find out how to tune out the cat codes and secondary air system codes basically all emission codes for reference I have a 2002 trans am with a Holley efi throttle body and volant cold air intake with no cats I want to know how to tune out these codes and possibly learn out to gain a little power from it if any. I’m a beginner so kinda sort on money rn any help would be nice
Old 09-19-2023, 07:19 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

you'll need a tuner hardware/software of some sort and laptop or handheld tuner. handheld tuners such as diablosport or software/hardware tuners such as hptuners or efi-live.
Old 09-20-2023, 02:27 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Diablosport tools do NOT allow the disabling or deletion of ANY emissions-related items or trouble codes, as it is against the E-P-A regulations/law...

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS - LS3, 6-speed manual, short-throw performance shifter, NPP dual-mode performance exhaust, 1LE front splitter, ZL1 rockers, Z28 Rear Spoiler, all paint-matched Red Rock Metallic, BMR strut tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, Apex Motorsports, Inc. catch-can, Custom DiabLew Tune
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com
Old 09-21-2023, 01:20 AM
Teching In

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Use TunerPro/UniversalPatcher and PCMHammer. Then you can just delete all the codes regarding emissions. Just remove all the emissions related codes that pop up
Old 09-21-2023, 10:20 AM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LS_caddy
Use TunerPro/UniversalPatcher and PCMHammer. Then you can just delete all the codes regarding emissions. Just remove all the emissions related codes that pop up
could you tell me which ones would be better to two now or easier or if there’s a how to or anything?
Old 09-21-2023, 10:47 AM
TECH Addict

Received 476 Likes on 366 Posts

So you might want to spend a serious amount of time studying how the software works before you touch anything..
one of the fairly common questions on here is "I changed something and now my car wont start... "

I have a Holley terminator so I don't have the full how to for ya,, but once I sat down with the manuals and really read them workign with the tuning software got so much easier as well as giving me more troubleshooting knowledge..
Old 09-24-2023, 08:57 PM

Received 426 Likes on 325 Posts

Another possibility might be to send your PCM to a tuner willing to disable those codes for you. You might find it even cheaper to buy a rebuilt PCM from a vendor on EBAY who will disable those codes.
I would suggest not changing the tune, e.g. "leaning it out a bit", until/unless you know a lot about tuning or you will have a poor running engine, no start, or even holes in the pistons.

Quick Reply: Tune emissions and air system out